Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wok question  (Read 3107 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Wok question
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »
I've got a Eastman Big Kahuna gas fired burner and their 22 inch wok that came with it. Seeing pics of some of the older Weber woks has me curious if I could rig it up to work in my Performer. Has anyone got a close up of the clips that locate the wok on the edge of the bowl?
It works great with the gas but you know how sometimes you just want to burn some charcoal, plus there are times where I worry about the stability of that thing especially when its going at wok temps.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Wok question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:29:20 PM »
This should work.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
Are those "L" brackets the part that hang on the edge? Part of it locks in with grate? Sorry for all questions, I had pictured something like that but not with two L's.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
The top open end of the bracket set's inside of a 22.5 and the lower one sets in an 18.5. It's made to fit two differnt size kettles.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
That's pretty cool, I'm gonna tinker around with this and see what I can come up with.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »
I would recommend trying to make some type of metal pieces that just set on the kettle lip that will hold the wok just a little above the kettle bottom. I know this was done by someone before. I just can't find the picture. I was thinking something like the old window locks that set on the bottom and you turn the thumbscrew. Then you could use it on any size kettle you want. If you come up with an idea please share it.