Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Apps and smoked Meatloaf  (Read 1675 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Apps and smoked Meatloaf
« on: September 22, 2020, 05:43:32 AM »
Oyster appetizers and smoked meatloaf with mock mashed potatoes. No plated pic of dinner but it was tasty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bearded

• WKC Brave
Re: Apps and smoked Meatloaf
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:49 AM »
Looks good! I need to try a smoked meatloaf.

Also I see you have a Michelob fan. Have you seen this?

https://www.michelobultra.com/PureGoldCEO

Grab the position and makes sure all your pictures have Weber's in them while traveling! [emoji854]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 06:01:07 AM »
Looks good! I need to try a smoked meatloaf.

Also I see you have a Michelob fan. Have you seen this?

https://www.michelobultra.com/PureGoldCEO

Grab the position and makes sure all your pictures have Weber's in them while traveling! [emoji854]
Dream job right there LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 06:34:46 AM »
Nice looking oysters Joe! Nice and uniform in shape and size.

Where were your oysters harvested?
Last two bushels I bought in December and February came from Texas. Apalachicola Florida oyster fishery been shut down by the FWC.

Oyster Rockefeller or similar style is more work than steamed, but well worth the effort.

nice looking meat loaf too

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 06:42:49 AM »
Looks really good!  Interested in the oyster appetizers as we're getting warmed up for another beach trip in a week......

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 06:56:22 AM »
Nice looking oysters Joe! Nice and uniform in shape and size.

Where were your oysters harvested?
Last two bushels I bought in December and February came from Texas. Apalachicola Florida oyster fishery been shut down by the FWC.

Oyster Rockefeller or similar style is more work than steamed, but well worth the effort.

nice looking meat loaf too

Cheers
Tami picked these up from the farmers market shucked and packed, unsure of the origin. She uses those cute little shells for when we do these on the grill. Typically we prefer raw but these are fun to do and eat

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 07:05:55 AM »
Looks really good!  Interested in the oyster appetizers as we're getting warmed up for another beach trip in a week......
Can you get any fresh oysters on SGI ? I know they would be from Texas if you can

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 07:15:06 AM »
Can you get any fresh oysters on SGI ? I know they would be from Texas if you can

I just called Island view seafood in East Point. Which is where we normally buy oysters They have raw oysters from Texas or Louisiana.
Raw oysters are $22 for two dozen.

They no longer sell 1/2 or whole bushels of oysters.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 07:29:16 AM by AZ2FL »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 07:23:06 AM »

I reached out to Lynn's which is where we usually get them and they said that availability is day to day and wouldn't comment on where they come from if they have them.  So, it's possible, but not from Apalach since harvesting has ceased.  Also put out some FB feelers on the subject.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:15 AM »
I'm seeing information that most in the area are farm raised in Alligator Point.  They're supposed to be amazing.  May try some.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Apps and smoked Meatloaf
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 07:48:14 AM »
I'm seeing information that most in the area are farm raised in Alligator Point.  They're supposed to be amazing.  May try some.
Thanks for the info Greg.

I’ve eaten farm raised clams and oysters from Cedar Key, Florida. Oysters were good and tasted like a wild CK oyster.

Farm raised or wild Oysters steamed on a Weber kettle with a splash of crystals, horseradish and cold beer, they all taste good!

Pics were taken on SGI

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 07:54:30 AM »

I’ve eaten farm raised clams and oysters from Cedar Key, Florida. Oysters were good and tasted like a wild CK oyster.

Farm raised or wild Oysters steamed on a Weber kettle with a splash of crystals, horseradish and cold beer, they all taste good!

Pics were taken on SGI
It's the salt air and the view along with a cold beer that make them awesome !!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 08:03:13 AM »

Pics were taken on SGI

Oh man I can taste that right now.  Is it too early to start packing??

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »

Pics were taken on SGI
It's the salt air and the view along with a cold beer that make them awesome !!

A TON of truth to that!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 08:07:29 AM »
I am getting twitchy for some oysters and sand right about now