Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: i pulled the trigger on the Glen Blue 26  (Read 616 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
i pulled the trigger on the Glen Blue 26
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:28:30 AM »
and my bowl is out of round...   :-[

it's not the end of the world, i can still fit the grate in there, it's just tight.  i may call CS to see what they say.
imaged next to the Euro spring green MT from back in the days before they were re-released in the US. 

thanks again for the heads up threads when these beauties became available again.  i had a 26er when i lived in the condo and it was just too large for the tiny patio we had.  i always loved cooking on the big boy though so now that we're in a house with a nice sized patio/yard, it's going to see a lot of use.  i have to dig up that bag of unfinished handles brian gave me in a trade for something i'm not remembering.  i may just paint them a close match to glen blue or get fancy with the finish, we'll see. 

grill on WKC!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
Re: i pulled the trigger on the Glen Blue 26
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »
Congrats on the new 26'er. I've got the same colors going on in my backyard.
From your picture, the bowl doesn't look too grossly out of round. Maybe give it a few well placed hugs?

G_V_Black

• Happy Cooker
Re: i pulled the trigger on the Glen Blue 26
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 12:15:17 PM »
I'd be awfully tempted if I didn't already have it in black.

Which one will be the workhorse? I have been using the 26"er exclusively for six years, but now that I have revived my gen 1 Master-Touch, I'm wondering how much use it will get other than for BBQ. I'm finding that 22" really is the Goldilocks size for me.