Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: !!UPDATE!! Lilyankee replacement Stainless steel handle straps ARE PRODUCED  (Read 5868 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Also, yeah thanks for all the hard work and time you guys are putting into this!
Between manufacturing, messaging, payments, and shipping I know itís a lot of work to just make some kettle heads happy, thanks again guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
Thank you @Lilyankee and @bladz to make this happen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Hello Grillers!  The 2nd group of handles are packaged and will be shipped out today (10/19)
Next group of 5 will be contacted soon.

Lilyankee/bladz

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Managed to get a few installed today.  I went ahead and used washers on the top with the Glen Blue 26 with some gasket insulation just to protect the porcelain.  Not a huge fan of that look, but I guess it helps me sleep better at night given the extra weight of the 26 lid. I might look into adding some kind of flat edge shield that doesn't look like a taco someday. I am not as worried about top washers on the 22.5 because it is much lighter.

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING ON A 26 GLEN BLUE (or any other kettle) check the underside of the lid holes.  Mine had a lip caused from a hole punch.  I used a ball peen hammer to make my underside washers a slight cone shape.  This allowed the outer edge of the washer to come into full contact with the lid rather than positioning it on on the lip of the hole that might cause porcelain damage. 

With the lock washers that was included you really just need to hand tighten and then only slightly tighten with a wrench at most.  The lower positioning of the handle makes it seem much less wobbly than the taco handle.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
If there is another run of these SS straps, let me know.
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Hey WKCers!! 

Third group of handles was sent out this afternoon.
Final 6 people have been sent messages, so be sure to check your mailbox.

Thanks

WNC

• WKC Performer
Thanks guys, love it!
Looks great, feels strong

bamakettles

• WKC Ranger
Installed a few today while watching football.... love these!  Before and after shots....

bladz

• WKC Ranger
!!UPDATE!! Lilyankee replacement Stainless steel handle straps ARE PRODUCED
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
Nice clean look!  Thanks Lilyankee!!  Great work

Letís see some more!

bamakettles

• WKC Ranger
Thanks to you both, these are amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bladz

• WKC Ranger
I have a quick update on the handles.
Everyone that has paid, your handles have been shipped out. 
There are 2 members that ordered and havenít paid yet. I pmíd them and have yet to get a response.
Iíll send them another message tonight, and will wait until Monday mid day to hear from them.  If I donít hear anything by then Iím going to have to move on to the next person.

Thanks to everyone who ordered and paid, you all made it easy on my part with your patience and timeliness. Iíll be sure to put in a good word to Eric and hopefully after the holidays weíll have another production run of them to satisfy everyone on the waiting list and more.
Hope you enjoy your new handles.

Cellar2ful

Received my shipment.  Thanks @Lilyankee  and  @bladz
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Installed a few today while watching football.... love these!  Before and after shots....

GB is looking good Greg!
Iíve not installed mine yet.

Cheers

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
I received my order.

Thank you @Lilyankee  and  @bladz

bamakettles

• WKC Ranger
!!UPDATE!! Lilyankee replacement Stainless steel handle straps ARE PRODUCED
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2020, 07:18:15 AM »

GB is looking good Greg!
Iíve not installed mine yet.

Cheers

Thanks Robert!  Due to the downward indentation of the holes in the lid I used the stock nuts which worked well.  I appreciate having the fender washers and locknuts included, but they didnít feel right and would not tighten flush to the surface of the lid.  Very happy with these!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club