Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smash burger pizza  (Read 6905 times)

aaronw915

Smash burger pizza
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:22:39 PM »
Taking grilled pizza next level

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bearded

• WKC Brave
Re: Smash burger pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:04:50 PM »
What's that Henderson Relish?

Like a Worcestershire?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:06:26 AM »
Looks awesome!  I like the flavors you have going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

aaronw915

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 03:46:12 AM »

What's that Henderson Relish?

Like a Worcestershire?

Yes. The main difference is that is is vegetarian unlike Worcestershire and has a slightly sweeter taste. I’m not vegetarian but it tastes damn good. I enjoy it.

aaronw915

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 03:46:49 AM »

Looks awesome!  I like the flavors you have going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks Hoosier. Appreciate it. I wanted to get the nice crust from the smash burger instead of just browning in a skillet.

Retired@55

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »
That’s a great idea! So the condiments go down as the sauce, followed by hamburger meat, cheese and pickles? Also, how did you make the crust?

aaronw915

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »

That’s a great idea! So the condiments go down as the sauce, followed by hamburger meat, cheese and pickles? Also, how did you make the crust?

Thank you!!

Yes the special sauce made up from the condiments is the bottom layer sauce. Followed by cheese. Then the smash burger. And more cheese and pickles. Drizzled with more sauce at the end. If it would have been just for me I would have added tomatoes before cooking and lettuce at the end.

I used no knead pizza dough I make the night before because I don’t like kneading the dough and making a mess. Literally just combine the ingredients in a bowl. Mix to combine. Let hangout overnight.

https://youtu.be/c_DrwsGB7OQ

This dude has like 3 pizza dough recipes I’ve tried. Super convenient making it the night before and letting it just hang out

Retired@55

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »
I just watched the dough video - perfect! Will try it on our next pizza night. Thanks much!

aaronw915

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
I just watched the dough video - perfect! Will try it on our next pizza night. Thanks much!

Any time!!

This guy has some seriously easy dough recipes and I've used quite a few of them

Retired@55

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 03:18:43 AM »
Made the dough on Wednesday and pizzas last night. Turned out great! Pizza dough only took about 10 minutes to mix and then it just sits for a day. Super easy and cooked really well.

aaronw915

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 04:12:46 AM »

Made the dough on Wednesday and pizzas last night. Turned out great! Pizza dough only took about 10 minutes to mix and then it just sits for a day. Super easy and cooked really well.

Excellent!!!  Yea that’s why I like the dough too. I don’t want to knead it for half an hour by hand. I very much enjoy seeing the rise the following day after about 14 hours or proofing.