Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I love the layout and usability of the WKC  (Read 1976 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
I love the layout and usability of the WKC
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:01 PM »
I visit a fair number of forums of all varieties, and I love the clean, straight forward set up here at WKC.

Troy, one question, not sure how difficult it would be to change this in the forum SMF software:

On the forum index page:  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php

All the forums have a dark or light icon next to them whether they are on or off (read or unread). for example:   represents 'off' or read.

How hard would it be to gin up a cool one color weber icon for the on and off icons?  Maybe a lid profile or a handle shot.  Something like this in black for unread and grey for read (to keep consistent with they way it looks now)? 

I don't want to run afoul of the TMs, etc, but it seems like something like that would be ok.

Thoughts?

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: I love the layout and usability of the WKC
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
Great idea G$
I too love the easy to use format
And the fact there's no Ads flashing over the page trying to sell me crap I don't want is a major plus too
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »
I don't ever really like to give myself any praise, but I will say when Troy asked what everyone wanted in the site, I said it needed to be real easy to navigate, and look at.  I have tried to go to other sites, but I find them really hard to figure out.   Maybe I'm not bright and I need to keep it simple.  This was my contribution....

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
Maybe I'm not bright and I need to keep it simple.  This was my contribution....

Well, you know, stick with what you're good at and all.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
The two states should not be from different color classes, because while bold/faded implies new vs. old, black vs. red doesn't automatically imply anything. It would have to be explained.

The other issue is that some people are colorblind and might see reds as shades of gray.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
The two states should not be from different color classes, because while bold/faded implies new vs. old, black vs. red doesn't automatically imply anything. It would have to be explained.

The other issue is that some people are colorblind and might see reds as shades of gray.

I am proposing keeping the colors the same as they are now. Just using a different shape.