Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch Sausages  (Read 1722 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Ranch Sausages
« on: August 30, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted.  Anyhow, a friend and I did a sausage barbecue today and I was tossing the idea around of using the ranch rather than cramming everything in on a 22”.  I guess there’s a reason why the 26 inch kettles exist as an in-between size but I don’t have one.

I used a full chimney of Royal Oak briquettes.  It’s amazing how far a full regular chimney doesn’t go in a Ranch when you spread the briquettes out!  It covers less than half of the charcoal grate but it was enough space to cook all of tonight’s sausages direct with the lid off.  It was a great, simple meal and the two of us enjoyed ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ranch Sausages
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
Just barely had enough room.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 02:34:43 AM »
What kind of sausages? Italian? Polish? Brats?

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 04:47:55 AM »
Just barely had enough room.

I know.  I need to get a second Ranch.

What kind of sausages? Italian? Polish? Brats?

Wow, I reread my post and I can't believe I totally forgot to include that in the writeup.  The idea was to do a full blown sausage barbecue with a variety of different sausages but it got scaled down on two sides.  Two of the people couldn't make it plus the selection at the store was a little bit picked over an hour before they closed yesterday so what I ended up with was 3x Honey Garlic, 3x Mild Italian, and 3x New Orleans.

I was hoping to try out the store's salt and pepper and chicken sausages but they were all sold out.  I've had their cheddar jalape񯠯nes before and they were good too, but these'll have to wait for another time.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 05:51:51 AM »
ranch cooks are fun no matter whether the size is needed or not
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 07:42:02 AM »
Looks really tasty!  Nice post.......

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
Looks delicious!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......