Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Popped my Propane Cherry  (Read 7315 times)

powermatt99

• Smokey Joe
Popped my Propane Cherry
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
I recently sold my condo, but due to the lack of inventory in the real estate market I ended up in a one year lease of a townhouse. At the same time, my in-laws were selling their house and land in rural Wisconsin. The in-laws offered me their propane grill which they would not be able to use at the condo they purchased. The grill turned out to be a Genesis Silver 'B'. Flavorizer bars were shot but that was no problem. Otherwise, it was well-cared for and came with two full 20# tanks. It's amazing to me how serviceable these are. I remember my parents going through a gas grill every 5-6 years with rusted out parts and failing burners, etc.

I haven't cooked on gas since I was an adolescent at my parents place. I love the convenience of gas but the taste is not much different than a griddle or frying pan. It was nice last week when the temps here were in the 90°s and I didn't want to heat up the kitchen with the stove or oven. I was really impressed with the skin-on salmon I made last night. Skin was perfectly crispy and really easy to cook to a nice medium.

Anyway, I'm part of the propane Weber club now. Once I'm more moved in, I'll post pics, maybe.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:53:14 PM by powermatt99 »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Popped by Propane Cherry
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:04:52 AM »
I have never used propane except for on my Performer,I will now that I'm getting a Genesis Jr!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......