Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Flame Restore Help  (Read 8087 times)

Yoster

• Smokey Joe
Weber Flame Restore Help
« on: August 18, 2020, 08:43:04 AM »
Good Morning All-
I have picked up a Weber Flame NG and I have cleaned it all out and it works well, but I am looking for a bolt replacement kit?  Or specs on the bolts so I can replace them all?  Any advice on colored glass in place of the lava rock and ceramic log replacement options?
Thank you for your help.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Flame Restore Help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 07:14:42 PM »
I would take all of the hardware out and head to the hardware store.  Most hardware stores will have something on display that will allow you to check the sizes of the nuts and screws.  Weber tends to use the same sizes across a lot of items.  For instance they use a lot of 1/4" screws and nuts of various lengths.  If you plan on doing a lot of Weber restores then I would just figure out the sizes and bulk buy online.  The per item and small pack prices are just too expensive.  Whatever you put back into it I would buy stainless steel so it doesn't rust.  I tend to like hex key heads for my screws because they look more like rivets. 

Good luck with that one.  I am still on the hunt for one myself.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Yoster

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »
Thanks I am heading down to HomeDepot today and get the stainless bolts.  I also am looking for the Ceramic logs and lava rock options currently as well.  It works well now, just want to get it back to as close to original as possible.
I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Yoster

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:04:44 PM »
I replaced them all with nice stainless bolts and nuts.  Looks great.  Now does anyone know where to get an igniter for it?

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club