Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Votenli S883E Stainless Steel 21.5" Cooking Grate - Aftermarket GBS  (Read 1646 times)

Mainline

• Smokey Joe
I recently saw this for sale on Amazon. I think it's a new aftermarket product.
Stainless Steel GBS grate. Looks like it's cast SS. And the page says it's 304 SS. It also says the product weighs only 2 pounds, so thinking the weight must be a typo.

Was just curious if any of you had purchased these grates and what your thoughts were. Price isn't much more than the standard Weber GBS grate.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0893QZN71/?tag=tvwb-20

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Votenli S883E Stainless Steel 21.5" Cooking Grate - Aftermarket GBS
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 04:28:49 AM »
I would be careful buying generic products like this on Amazon with little reviews.  Amazon has their money back guarantee, but to be perfectly honest they can't police all of the 3rd party sellers.  As soon as one gets caught the same guy will just open up a shop under at different name and keep doing it.  I bought some 304 SS baskets on there last year but they were copying someone who was legitimately doing it and got out of the market because it wasn't worth competing with all of the scam sellers.  What I got in the mail was definitely no where near 304 SS and the seller was clearly buying someone else's baskets (even had them shipped from the other seller), marking them up $30 and defrauding others in saying they were a different material.  Unforunately, this jerk probably made several hundred dollars or more before someone (me) decided to try a magnet test and called them out on it.  I wouldn't doubt if they are still doing it though.

Personally I would just stick with a standard GBS grate and only use it when you want to use the accessories or are doing vortex chicken.  I have one that I rarely use because I don't like how the center portion can fall out and wiggles around.  I would prefer to give my money to Killa Grilla who makes quality SS products that ship out in hours.  Who knows who this fella is on Amazon. 

If you stick around the forum and/or facebook groups you will see which brands/products tend to trend among grillers for good reason.  Good luck!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Mainline

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 03:39:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I've been a lurker over here for years, but recently met one of your active members in person when I was selling a Performer. I'm pretty active on other forums.

I'm glad some company finally took a shot at a SS GBS since Weber has decided to only sell their SS version over in Europe. It's a decent price point too. I've got a couple sets of the standard GBS, they just wear out so fast being plated steel. If I end up buying a set I'll report back on the quality.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 08:53:05 AM »
My go-to grate on my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe is the SlowNSear SS "Easy Spin" Grate and only use the GBS Grate when using my Vortex.

"Many Moons ago" I bought the GBS Griddle Pan,Korean Sear Plate, Weber Sear Plate and Pizza Stone which are all still unused.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:31:11 AM by tibas92017 »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Weber was selling their S.S. GBS grate here in the US if you called their 800 number and had the product code, which I am not sure of.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Part #65057 for stainless gbs.

Mainline

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 05:48:46 PM »
Interesting, I'll give them a call and see if I can order it!

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
Update when you hear back about it, I'll order myself one as well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »
Looks like someone has a review for that grate, it is just a stainless round bar one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 12:49:44 PM by Scogin »