Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 14648 times)

nw010101

• Smokey Joe
posting pictures
« on: August 08, 2020, 10:53:29 AM »
Hi I'm new to WKC and new to BBS in general. Trying to figure out how to post pictures.

There's a pinned post about it, but the image links are mostly broken, and it's about 5000 messages long. What I gather is the process is,
  • Sign up an account at pics.weberkettleclub.com. This is a separate thing from WKC iteslf.
  • Upload your photo there and copy the embed code
  • Paste the embed code into your post[\li]
I did that (see below), and it seems to mostly work. But it's pretty awkward, pics.weberkettleclub.com seems immature and buggy (*1), and it has limits that I don't understand (*2).

Alternatively I can attach a photo to the post. I did that for my first one ("hello from sf bay area" in Introduce Yourself. Seems like people do that and it's pretty easy. But the image rotation is wrong (image has EXIF rotation info that is being ignored), and all the images come at the end of the post.

Another option seems to be using apps. There's a WKC app, Tapatalk, and maybe other things.

What's the best way to do it?

(*1) pics.weberkettleclub.com seems to be a skin over something called Chevereto. I tried to move a picture to a folder with "create new" and it just hung. No biggies really but makes me wonder how much it's used.
(*2) The pics.weberkettleclub.com site says "2MB limit". Is that total storage, single image maximum? I would imagine there was some kind of limit, but 2mb seems too small for an overall limit. Do images time out or expire?

Here's a link from pics.weberkettleclub.com:

And attached is the image I started with, before rotating it with Gimp.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »
From the app is so easy, just add to your post in the lower left corner....or center bottom for an existing picture on your phone or iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Cellar2ful

Re: posting pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"