Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gotta Ask...  (Read 2198 times)

Firenice03

• Happy Cooker
Gotta Ask...
« on: October 01, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »
How do you all get your spouse onboard with keeping your kettles in the house  ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL just a little fun  8) 8) 8)

But MAN there are some works of art on here, and can see why they are inside.. Nice job on them!!!!
Really making me want to get mine cleaned up more :)
Weber 22 Kettle (83) --- Smoke N Pit --- BassPro Smoke N Grill --- Charbroil Oilless Fryer and 3 burner Tru-Infra

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Gotta Ask...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 07:00:16 AM »
Not allowed at my house lol. That’s ok, I enjoy them on the patio.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Gotta Ask...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:45:27 AM »
All 18 of my grills are cookers and not stored in the house. Only exception is a yellow home built SJ with triangle and wheels, it’s the wife’s home office for safe keeping. She thinks it’s cute and knows I’ll give it away if it stays in the garage.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:45:46 PM by AZ2FL »

TofuBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:46:24 AM »
My question is how do you get your spouse on board with grilling in general?! Mine is just like, why would you grill anything when you can cook indoors on the stove.

Grumble, grumble.
Not a tofutarian, just making up for lost time

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 10:43:40 AM »
Because.... Flavor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

TofuBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
Exactly, flavor!!! I tried explaining that, but it's still not making an impression.

I even threw in, "it's also an excuse to drink beer!". Still nothing.

Firenice03

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
Flavor yes...
Mine doesn't mind, she'll even ask or better yet tell me "I grabbed a 'insert meat here' at the store"..
Weber 22 Kettle (83) --- Smoke N Pit --- BassPro Smoke N Grill --- Charbroil Oilless Fryer and 3 burner Tru-Infra

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »
My question is how do you get your spouse on board with grilling in general?! Mine is just like, why would you grill anything when you can cook indoors on the stove.

Grumble, grumble.

Does your wife love food, just not grilling? 

It’s crazy to me, but I’ve come across people that see eating as a chore they must do. I love to eat. I workout so I can eat more!

I’m lucky my wife loves grilled food.

TofuBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 11:06:41 AM »

Grumble, grumble.

It’s crazy to me, but I’ve come across people that see eating as a chore they must do. I love to eat. I workout so I can eat more!

I'm the wife, but my husband likes food, but is just sort of ambivalent towards grilling/BBQ/smoking. Neither of us are foodies, but I try to make things that are interesting at least. I don't have a "foodie" budget, but can certainly appreciate taking the time to make cheaper cuts taste better or just eat less and really appreciate a good cut. Same with veg and other food categories.

Shrug, we'll still get a Weber and he'll like it, dammit! Kidding, we'll get the new Weber and he won't totally hate the food or anything, but I certainly don't expect him to be enthralled with the hobby.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »

Grumble, grumble.

I'm the wife, but my husband likes food, but is just sort of ambivalent towards grilling/BBQ/smoking. Neither of us are foodies, but I try to make things that are interesting at least. I don't have a "foodie" budget, but can certainly appreciate taking the time to make cheaper cuts taste better or just eat less and really appreciate a good cut. Same with veg and other food categories.

Shrug, we'll still get a Weber and he'll like it, dammit! Kidding, we'll get the new Weber and he won't totally hate the food or anything, but I certainly don't expect him to be enthralled with the hobby.
I think the food you cook on the Weber will eventually win him over, soon he will be lighting your grill for you !!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »

Grumble, grumble.

Sorry for making that assumption!  There are so many amazing things you can make on the kettle, he’s bound to like something. Maybe you can start with a week of streamed and flavorless meats to set the bar. Lol.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 09:09:19 AM »
Exactly, flavor!!! I tried explaining that, but it's still not making an impression.

I even threw in, "it's also an excuse to drink beer!". Still nothing.
You would've had me at "drink beer."

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TofuBBQ

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »

Grumble, grumble.

Sorry for making that assumption!  There are so many amazing things you can make on the kettle, he’s bound to like something. Maybe you can start with a week of streamed and flavorless meats to set the bar. Lol.

No worries, no worries.

We've got a bunch of brussels sprouts in the fridge as a threat! A good boil on those for 30 minutes should do nicely!

Good news is that my dad is SO on board with this grilling upgrade that he called around and found me a Weber off a buddy who didn't care for it. So we should be getting a Weber kettle in the next week or so and I've planned chicken to start. Then on our next shopping trip once I've got the hang of it, ribs are on the menu. He does seem swayed by ribs, so there's hope.

Not sure which Weber kettle I'm getting, but it's "new". I think a Premium; my dad doesn't speak Weber fluently, but we discussed the grate differences and ash pans, so I think he was on the lookout for the Premium. The guy who had it purchased it recently and he didn't like it, so it's been used a few times and still has the box. What more can you ask for? It's like the circle of life for a Weber  :)

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »
We've got a bunch of brussels sprouts in the fridge as a threat!

If you have a cast iron pan, you can do wondrous things with brussels sprouts on the grill - get a good sauté on them, then throw in some apple slices and balsamic vinegar.

Put those side by side with the boiled ones.  If that doesn't convince him, I don't know what will.
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe