Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Copper Mastertouch  (Read 2577 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Copper Mastertouch
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:07:59 PM »
This was a simple project I thought I would try.  I love the copper colour, and this just happened to work out.

I had bought a 22 gold years ago and never used it. About a month or so ago I decided to get rid of an old black silver kettle affectionately known as "the black bitch"

Don't get offended, there is no Offense intended

The old kettle sat out, legs were ricketty... she lived a good life.
It was time.  The black bitch was replaced with a copper coloured  grill.
It alas had some issues around one of the handles.  Weber was kind enough to send a new bowl and lid.

New bowl only has one handle!!!  Genius moment. Get on the phone with weber.  1 week later all the parts are here to make a copper mastertouch.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Copper Mastertouch
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 06:37:17 PM »
Awesome! I did that with a green one handle with P vents I got off someone that filed a claim. Why they decided to sell the new bowl Ill never know for sure ($20 bucks) but I assume they already got cooking and didn't want to disassemble and reassemble.

Did you cut, bend or leave the hook in the lid?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 04:55:13 AM »
I like it, so now if you ever get a Target copper you won't be tempted LOL, because I know you would never do that to a Target copper

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »
I left the hook. I never thought about this until I already got the bowl and lid. Otherwise, I just would have ordered a performer lid.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app