Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The wife is going to kill me...  (Read 3162 times)

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
The wife is going to kill me...
« on: August 02, 2020, 04:44:36 AM »
But I just spent $500+ on grill accessories: Performer Deluxe grill cover, pizza stone, pizza peel, Slow and Sear, Slow and Sear Roast Pan / Drip catcher, Thermapen, Thermapro Smoke thermometer w/probes, and grill grate (the one with the circular cut out for a wok / access the Vortex)... Shoot, I forgot the Vortex, a wok, charcoal chimney....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: The wife is going to kill me...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 05:20:07 AM »
Think how easy it is to spend $500 eating out over the course of a few months.  You’ll recoup your money by cooking at home in no time. 

Let us know if that excuse doesn’t fly, we’ve got more!

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »
Rofl!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:43:01 PM »
Mr. CPho is accurate.   We eat at home 95% of the time.  I cook on a Weber 6 days a week when it’s warm.  Tonight’s meal is for five and includes a protein and two sides plus cornbread.   Probably $20  in groceries for five people.   Eating at home does take more planning and time of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 03:38:57 PM »
Think of it as an investment. Like these guys have already said, you’ll recoup the cost by not going out to eat. Also, if you take good care of your things you’ll have them for quite a wile.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »
Yep, you need all that stuff.  At the cost of 5 nice dinners out, you have the equipment needed to make amazing meals for years to come.  Continue to hone your skills and she will understand!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 12:06:37 PM »
That's a big haul! All items are needed though, and they'll last too. You and the family will be rewarded with incredible food for years to come! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 01:01:25 PM »
Hopefully you do not have MY PROBLEM: "WHERE-DO-I-PUT-THE-STUFF"???   NICE HAUL!

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »
Luckily, before we left Chicago for TX, we purged a ton of stuff, leaving my son there with half of our household furnishings for his new townhome (his first house), my old gas grill and accoutrements. We got rid of almost all of our winter stuff. Our youngest is now in college, so plenty of room.
Hopefully you do not have MY PROBLEM: "WHERE-DO-I-PUT-THE-STUFF"???   NICE HAUL!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:38 PM »
Thats called Monday around here.  You order on Monday and hope it all arrives by Friday to cook. [emoji14]

The wife has been taking notice of a lot of packages arriving on our doorstep. :p
But I just spent $500+ on grill accessories: Performer Deluxe grill cover, pizza stone, pizza peel, Slow and Sear, Slow and Sear Roast Pan / Drip catcher, Thermapen, Thermapro Smoke thermometer w/probes, and grill grate (the one with the circular cut out for a wok / access the Vortex)... Shoot, I forgot the Vortex, a wok, charcoal chimney....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.