Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: From Weber's CEO on Smokefire and recent customer service delays.  (Read 13190 times)

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040719432

UPDATE FROM OUR CEO
To Our Valued Customers,

I wanted to provide a personal update on two important topics during this very challenging year and very busy grilling season.

First is an update on our new Weber SmokeFire® wood-fired pellet grill, which has undergone some fantastic upgrades in the last several weeks.  When we introduced SmokeFire in February, we made a promise to bring a new grilling experience to our customers – a true pellet “grill”:  one that could sear at high temperatures as well as smoke low-and-slow.  It was also our first-ever wifi-enabled smart grill, with software and firmware solutions to evolve the grilling experience via Weber Connect™.

We recognize that some early purchasers did not have the experience that is expected from Weber.  We meticulously reviewed customer feedback and have been making hardware, firmware and software improvements steadily over the past few months to enhance performance and to reduce and eliminate any questions or issues.

Enhancements have been aimed at improving temperature consistency, pellet flow, management of flare-ups, remote-control functionality, connectivity and user experience, among other improvements.  In recent weeks, we implemented an upgrade, which automatically installs when you power cycle the grill (you should be on #04025 or later), and it has been extremely well received by owners – check SmokeFire message boards or the recent Engadget review to see more.  We are confident that these improvements will deliver both current owners and new buyers the full potential of the SmokeFire grill – consistent with what you expect from Weber.  We are also committed to a continual stream of improvements and enhancements on a monthly basis going forward, making SmokeFire a grill that keeps getting better and smarter over time.

The vast majority of SmokeFire owners have had good experiences and made absolutely amazing food.  For anyone who has any type of issue, we will provide full assistance and if needed, on-site service at no cost to you.  And finally we will fully guarantee your satisfaction or we will take your grill back.  We stand behind the SmokeFire grill, as with all our grills, and we stand behind Weber customers.

Second is an update on our Consumer Care lines.  Any of you who have called or emailed Weber Consumer Care recently has likely had a challenging experience with much longer than normal response times.  With families spending nearly all their time at home, grilling activity is up tremendously compared to a normal year.  This has resulted in a massive spike in call volume into Weber – about 500% more than what we have ever seen in the past.

Our consumer care team, which is located here in Illinois, has also been working from home, and we simply could not keep up with that much call volume.  We take pride in our personal service at Weber, and we want to help you as fast as possible – we are working aggressively to catch up, adding employees to our customer care team to answer your questions, and we expect to be caught up in the next couple weeks.  We know this is frustrating, and we appreciate your patience as we strive to reach everyone as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your support, and I wish you a safe and happy summer.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:56:23 AM by DaveG74 »
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: From Weber's CEO on Smokefire and recent customer service delays.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:46:11 AM »
Cool

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Saturday morning

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 03:21:28 AM »
I can't fault them at all as I recieved a follow up email regarding my Glen Blue 26" at 2am today. I am in Retail and if I was working from home I am not sure I would do that myself. Well done Weber Team

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
That is an effective letter. 

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 06:18:44 AM »
So anyone know the upgrades to the Gen 2?
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 12:35:49 PM »
I’ve been using the EX4 Gen 2 model for the last couple of months. It hasn’t missed a beat so far

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution