Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience  (Read 5132 times)

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 05:48:09 AM »
I was one that got a lid with the porcelain messed up at the vent and wouldnt spin freely without breaking some porcelain or bending the vent.

New lid was literally toss on my porch on its side from 4 feet back, but it is perfect!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

idahome

• Smokey Joe
Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
My lid and bowl both came with some superficial issues. Luckily no broken or bent bowl handle like some have experienced.

I almost didn’t want to pay the $400 + tax for this grill, but I decided why the heck not? I’ve always wanted a Glen Blue.

First time also ordering directly from Weber.

The leg sockets were chipped in a couple places and one ash tab was too and there was a silver mark on the bowl. And then the lid damper had some chipping and one of the holes is raised up higher than the rest so the damper doesn’t lay flat (first four pictures).

Some of it is pretty superficial, but I haven’t ever had an issue with any other Weber product. I’ve purchased 5 Weber’s of various sizes from Home Depot, Lowe’s, U-Line and a small town Ace Hardware type place and all have been incredible.

Got a notification that my replacement lid shipped (didn’t even give me a tracking number), and that just randomly showed up today.

Super bummed to report that the lid damper on this is loose as heck. Spins like a pinwheel. And has a few minor paint imperfections (last photo).

I’m wondering if I want to contact Weber and just see if I can send it back all back for a refund entirely. I just don’t want to keep using up their resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:30:10 PM by idahome »

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 12:17:50 AM »
I’m with you ! The lid damper is so loose. In my opinion it’s not useful. So maybe you can cook on it but to be honest with you if I cannot snuff out the coals at the end of the cook it’s no good. I have like 23 grills that can do that.

I don’t want to be like this but something is wrong in the house.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »
I have the same issue with the raised portion on the damper. It's extremely hard to turn and every time I spin it, it takes a chunk of porcelain with it.

Weberguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 06:12:48 AM »
I have the same issue with the raised portion on the damper. It's extremely hard to turn and every time I spin it, it takes a chunk of porcelain with it.

Me too.  It's untenable, so I put in a claim and they're sending me a new lid.  So that makes a new bowl and lid.  Once again, great customer service yet poor quality control, at least as far as my experience is concerned.
Webers:  26" Kettle Black, 26" Kettle Glen Blue, 22" Master Touch Ocean Blue, WSCG Center, WSM 22", WSM 18", Summit Grill Center

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »
Received my replacement lid today and it's perfect.  Vent works as it should (original was waaaay too tight) and more importantly, the finish is a perfect as can be.  Now I have to be careful and not drop it!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »
So glad to hear!
I can’t wait for them to be back in stock

Mr.Smoke

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2020, 04:56:54 PM »
Are some of the lids shipping without the lid damper? For some reason they sent me a separate lid damper kit. My lid and bowl arrive tomorrow.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 05:12:46 PM »

Are some of the lids shipping without the lid damper? For some reason they sent me a separate lid damper kit. My lid and bowl arrive tomorrow.
No idea.... I did not get a separate damper, just a lid with damper installed. 

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2020, 08:44:20 AM »
Does anyone know the protocol of how to go about getting a replacement lid replaced?

The customer service rep said I could just reply directly to our email thread, but I’ve replied to it with zero response and I’ve sent messages since Thursday.

The replacement lid I got was even worse. The damper is super loose, has some black spots on the lid and some chipping in the damper holes.

However, got the replacement bowl and it’s way better than my original one so that was a huge W.

So do I just send an email to CS about the 2nd replacement lid or do I just fill out another warranty claim form? Just want to know what’ll be the quickest/easiest/most effective.

Thanks!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2020, 11:16:23 AM »
Does anyone know the protocol of how to go about getting a replacement lid replaced?

The customer service rep said I could just reply directly to our email thread, but I’ve replied to it with zero response and I’ve sent messages since Thursday.

The replacement lid I got was even worse. The damper is super loose, has some black spots on the lid and some chipping in the damper holes.

However, got the replacement bowl and it’s way better than my original one so that was a huge W.

So do I just send an email to CS about the 2nd replacement lid or do I just fill out another warranty claim form? Just want to know what’ll be the quickest/easiest/most effective.

Thanks!

I'm thinking since you've already had one replacement sent you'll more than likely need to call and talk to someone there.  My best advice is call the customer service line and choose the callback feature.  It worked well for me.

-g

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2020, 11:25:17 AM »

Thanks!

I'm thinking since you've already had one replacement sent you'll more than likely need to call and talk to someone there.  My best advice is call the customer service line and choose the callback feature.  It worked well for me.

-g

Thank you! I think I’ll wait another day or two to see if the CS rep gets back to me. She said if I had any problems with the replacements to just reply to that same email and she would help. So I’m hoping she gets back to me because then I don’t have to re explain everything.

If not then I’ll try and give a call. Thanks for the tip on the callback feature! Really appreciate your help.