Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience  (Read 5131 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience
« on: July 30, 2020, 04:49:42 AM »
Like some of you, my GB 26 arrived damaged. In my case, there was a sizable ding/porcelain pop on the lid rim. A warranty claim was processed quickly/easily online and Weber sent a confirmation email.

I'm in no hurry as I wait for a new lid. I thought a separate thread to record this aspect of the GB 26 experience might be of interest.

I haven't contacted Weber re: expected wait time. If you have, please post that, or any other related info, here.

PS- I LOVE my GB 26!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:57:51 AM »
I posted on the Facebook group a posted about what an issue is and what an issue is not.  We are starting to see people complaining about leg sockets not being perfect.  Hopefully we can avoid the disaster of misinformation we saw with the Red LE.  Weber really did a cool thing with the 26 GB, hopefully we can reciprocate back, as we have been complaining for years about the lack of colors.  Well, they are listening.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

cclinard1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 05:30:34 AM »
Mine had some paint defects and the handle was uneven.  Have a warranty claim in progress for new lid and bowl.  Rep told me they didn't have an estimated ship date as of a couple days ago.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Thread for damaged GB 26 replacement experience
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 05:55:51 AM »
Mine has a porcelain pop on the lid about 8 inches down and to the right of the vent and another mark on the other side.  It also had some color issues on the leg sockets and ash pan tabs, but I feel those are normal.  My replacement lid was supposed to be in stock yesterday (7/29) and I'm supposed to get a shipping email confirmation when it heads my way.  I did get a shipping email the other day and I logged into my Weber account and it says they're sending me a cook book.  I thought that was nice.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 06:12:36 AM »
I do not have a new Glen blue or have one on order. But I feel the issue with the leg sockets and ash catcher tabs would be a non-issue for me. However if there was any porcelain pops, damage to the leg sockets, to the lid or bowl due to it being dropped on its side or bottom I would file a claim with Weber.

To you guys that have received these grills, they look great. I wish I didn't already have 3 26ers. I would have ordered one of these in a minute.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:53:04 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 07:28:44 AM »
I wish I didn't already have 3 26ers. I would have ordered one if these in a minute.

??    ;)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 07:56:55 AM »
I do not have a new Glen blue or have one on order. But I feel the issue with the leg sockets and ash catcher tabs would be a non-issue for me. However if there was any porcelain pops, damage to the leg sockets, to the lid or bowl due to it being dropped on its side or bottom I would file a claim with Weber.

To you guys that have received these grills, they look great. I wish I didn't already have 3 26ers. I would have ordered one if these in a minute.

oops I forgot to count how many 26ers i had before I ordered LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 02:38:08 PM »
After a couple of cooks on this beauty I notice blue chips by the front leg! First thought was "Oh f*ck!" Upon inspection I couldn't find where it came from. Mrs. Fat Tony found where it came from, where the handle meets the bowl.
No biggie, thank God. I'll keep an eye on that area and oil as needed. I love all my Webers equally.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 03:48:57 PM »
Wth.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »
Here we go....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 02:18:18 AM »
Overnight email confirmed lid replacement has shipped! ETA: Friday. Fingers crossed. :)

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 03:36:51 AM »

Overnight email confirmed lid replacement has shipped! ETA: Friday. Fingers crossed. :)

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Same here! 

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 07:01:37 AM »
This gives me hope that they’ll be available again sometime soon 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Weberguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 04:20:34 AM »
On July 25, my replacement bowl was unavailable, but it has now shipped and will arrive on Friday!
Webers:  26" Kettle Black, 26" Kettle Glen Blue, 22" Master Touch Ocean Blue, WSCG Center, WSM 22", WSM 18", Summit Grill Center

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »
So this arrived yesterday, free of charge.  Lid scheduled to be here Friday....  I'd say they're really trying.  Kudos to Weber!

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/merchandise-and-outdoor-lifestyle/cookbooks/9551.html?cgid=1372#start=1