Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis rebuild in NC  (Read 7077 times)

Thefixercz75

• Smokey Joe
Genesis rebuild in NC
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »
Hello everyone, I picked this genesis up off of the market place today and am planning on restoring and modding it. My question is the slider rails for the drip pan and the durawood shelving brackets are rotted out. Would I be better off making new ones or do you guys have any suggestions where I can buy new or good used?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Genesis rebuild in NC
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
I have rebuilt a few Genesis like yours.
Easiest way to get the parts is to order them from Weber if they still stock them. Watch craigslist and Facebook marketplace and find one or more free grills strip the parts you need. Or find a member that might already have stripped a few Genesis for parts and have leftovers. I may be one of those members. Gimme a couple of days to dig through the shed and I will let you know what I find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Thefixercz75

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 02:54:16 AM »

I have rebuilt a few Genesis like yours.
Easiest way to get the parts is to order them from Weber if they still stock them. Watch craigslist and Facebook marketplace and find one or more free grills strip the parts you need. Or find a member that might already have stripped a few Genesis for parts and have leftovers. I may be one of those members. Gimme a couple of days to dig through the shed and I will let you know what I find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sweet, thank you sir let me know what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:16:56 AM »
Hello everyone, I picked this genesis up off of the market place today and am planning on restoring and modding it. My question is the slider rails for the drip pan and the durawood shelving brackets are rotted out. Would I be better off making new ones or do you guys have any suggestions where I can buy new or good used?

You can replace the slider rails for drip pan with aluminum Z bar from McMaster-Carr

https://www.mcmaster.com/aluminum-z-bars

argulator

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »
New replacement slider rails for the drip pan are available from Weber or other places for $10-15.  The only source I know of for the z rails for the shelving is rcplanebuyer. He makes them with stainless, and they're a little pricey.  You can message him through his craigslist ad at https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/d/weber-flavor-bars-and-grates/7155286227.html