Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello Grill Fans!  (Read 1586 times)

Grillmonger

• Happy Cooker
Hello Grill Fans!
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:44 AM »
Looking forward too learning and shareing with you all. My focus this summer is to master pizza making on my grill. This is my baby that I resently kitted out with a pizza attachment. I also have a smoky joe and a genesis, long time Weber fan.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:30:32 AM by Grillmonger »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello Grill Fans!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:32:46 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. love your grill, be careful with the high heat your pizza kit will produce, those old yellows don't take kindly to all that heat
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 09:27:22 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Nice grill you have there.  If you're set on using it for pizza, please share a photo when it's up to temp.  I hear they turn a shade of orange when the temps are high.  Like Joe said, you can get porcelain issues with high heat.  I'd keep the coals off the sides if you can.

Grillmonger

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:26:53 PM »
Yes I've read about the bottoms "glowing" when they get hot. I've personally not experienced that but maybe I didn't get up to tempreture. Thnaks for your insight

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 06:41:17 PM »
Welcome.  Joe is right about the high heat as it can damage the porcelain.  Go grab a cheap black kettle off of Facebook Marketplace and abuse that one instead.  Have fun!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »
Welcome to the Wkc from the far northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Where are you from? There may be someone close by that has an extra black kettle to abuse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
The yellows do blush. I picked this one up and there is a lot of crazing on the bottom bowl from I’m guessing high heat. The yellows I’ve seen seem to be more prone to it then blacks or some of the other colors. Nothing scientific just my observation.
Beautiful kettle you got there..enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 05:39:26 AM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Grillmonger

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:56 AM »
Oooo! A 26 would round things out nice. Happy hunting!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 06:36:22 AM »
Beautiful yellow there!  [emoji169]I’d definitely use a black kettle for the kettle pizza as others have suggested.   Use baskets or a slow and sear for routine cooking.  Definitely keeps the porcelain temps lower.

Watch this video. 

https://youtu.be/hhmTp5puX1g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grillmonger

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 08:14:38 AM »
Thanks for the advice and the great vid. I certainly don't want to wreck the porcalin. Looks like I'll be in the market for a black one.