Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Taco Tuesday  (Read 3325 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Taco Tuesday
« on: July 22, 2020, 04:19:42 AM »
My wife picked up a beautiful 2’ long skirt steak I cut in half. I seasoned with salt pepper Tony’s chili powder dehydrated Serrano and placed in ziplocks with some olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and some fresh chopped habaneros from the garden. Fresh garden peppers in the skillet as well. Probably the most flavorful steak I’ve made. All ingredients were prepared with my benchmade.  It’s actually a great slicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Taco Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 04:25:14 AM »
Looks good, nice knife

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 04:52:56 AM »
There is nothing like garden fresh peppers on a taco or fajita!

Looks tasty.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Taco Tuesday
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:06:00 AM »
We had tacos [emoji895] yesterday too but they were not nearly as inviting as those.  Nice cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 07:09:04 AM »
Those look amazing!  We keep looking for skirt steak and they are scarce here.  Nice cook!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:17:05 AM »

Those look amazing!  We keep looking for skirt steak and they are scarce here.  Nice cook!

We use flank steak as well.  Anything you can find at this point. I had a hard time finding chicken wings for awhile. I stocked up on 20 lbs when I finally found them.

B-SIDE

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 10:28:14 AM »

Wow!!  Amazing.

Are you a pepper expert? I need some advice.  I’m growing hatch, Anaheim, Serrano, cayenne jalapeños. And have zero plans. Sounds like a dehydrator might be a smart place to start.

I usually just stuff with cheese, wrap with bacon and call it a day.

Just curious if you have an opinion. Thanks!!

My wife picked up a beautiful 2’ long skirt steak I cut in half. I seasoned with salt pepper Tony’s chili powder dehydrated Serrano and placed in ziplocks with some olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and some fresh chopped habaneros from the garden. Fresh garden peppers in the skillet as well. Probably the most flavorful steak I’ve made. All ingredients were prepared with my benchmade.  It’s actually a great slicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »

Wow!!  Amazing.

Are you a pepper expert? I need some advice.  I’m growing hatch, Anaheim, Serrano, cayenne jalapeños. And have zero plans. Sounds like a dehydrator might be a smart place to start.

I usually just stuff with cheese, wrap with bacon and call it a day.

Just curious if you have an opinion. Thanks!!

I’m not an expert but there are several on here. I’ve been growing peppers for a couple years now and started dehydrating last year. Best bang for your buck is a nesco dehydrator. I think they cost $60. The cheaper no name ones at the store are junk. Don’t even mess with those.

I’m growing sweet bell peppers, habanero, jalapeño, and some variety I can’t remember the name. Last year I grew Anaheim, tobasco, and Serrano peppers. I really regret not growing all of those this year. Serrano and jalapeño are my personal favorite. You also need a spice grinder or one of those bullet shaped blender things as well. I make coarse ground and fine ground. It’s super easy and a great way to use extra peppers. I also like to make sauces and salsas with them too.

B-SIDE

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
Thank you for the response!!!  I’d like to make a cayenne hot sauce.  Something very simple with 3 or 4 ingredients

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »
Looking grate. Weber and Lodge go together naturally

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app