Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thermoset table removal help  (Read 2536 times)

Sirloiner

• Happy Cooker
Thermoset table removal help
« on: July 19, 2020, 02:11:37 PM »
Hello, I've been a long time visitor of these forums and this is my first post. I have always found this site to be an excellent resource for all things related to Weber kettles so I hope someone will be able to help me out.

I recently acquired a new thermoset work table for my 2005-2012 Touch-N-Go Performer to replace the original table. However, when I attempted to take the table off, 3 of the 4 screws are stuck so tightly that the screws are beginning to strip a bit. At this point, I have only tried using a screwdriver. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or have any suggestions or techniques on the best way to safely remove the screws from the table and frame of the Performer?

Thank you all in advance, and have an excellent day!

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Thermoset table removal help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 04:36:32 PM »
Where abouts are you, somebody might be able to run over with a threaded bit or something to help.

Sometimes it just takes the fattest Phillips bit you have and get them to move

Hitting it with wd40 every 10min for an hr then trying again

If they are completely stripped you can drill them out, get a threaded bit as i mentioned, hammer a flat bladed screw driver in a bit then twist.

If you have your performer registered and bought the new table from Weber, I would get on with them again and see if they can give you a good deal on a new set of tubes for the frame.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

29tx

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »
Get some PB Blaster/WD-f0 and spray it every once in awhile over a few days, and I'd get a manual impact driver (kind you hit with a hammer).

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »
Pb or Kroil for a couple of days and then use a good #3 phillips.

Also you might want to edit your profile to reflect where you are located. At the very least add your location to your post. The nearest member might be right around the corner from you and be able to help you out.

Oh and welcome to the Wkc from the northwest suburbs of Chicago [emoji2321]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:10:30 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Sirloiner

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »
Thank you for the quick responses!

I will try some PB Blaster first. And I have access to a manual impact driver with a fat Philips bit. Hopefully I will report back with success in a day or two.

Thanks!

Sirloiner

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 04:02:15 PM »
Hello, just reporting back.

I was able to get the tabletop screws out with some PB Blaster and a manual impact driver. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:04:35 PM by Sirloiner »