Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit s670  (Read 7856 times)

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
Weber Summit s670
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:09:42 PM »
Scored this bad boy today on offerup for $600. Was this a good deal? Anyway looking to clean up and get new grates for it. Any suggestions on cleaning the caked on grease off of the side hood panels? Where do you guys get your grates?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:17:34 PM by HarleyGriller »

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Summit s670
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
That’s a good deal; I got a S620 for $400 a while back.  Replacing all the grates will be expensive, you may want to look into Grill Grates.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:19:11 AM »
@harleygriller before you spend $$ on new grates, I’d give Weber a call. They are hands-down the most amazing company to work with on warranty issues, especially when you mention the word “Summit.” I’ve had them offer to replace pieces that weren’t technically still under warranty, even though I’d purchased the grill used. Just be ready to provide serial number, etc. (Heck of a deal on that beast, BTW!)

-Jed
-Jed

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Weber Summit s670
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
I picked up the 640 summit and use it only for quick cooks. Purchased the Weber Plancha (smash burgers and vegetables) and GrillGrates (mainly for hamburgers and chicken thighs) and really like the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »

Scored this bad boy today on offerup for $600. Was this a good deal? Anyway looking to clean up and get new grates for it. Any suggestions on cleaning the caked on grease off of the side hood panels? Where do you guys get your grates?

Those grates if original should be heavy gauge stainless steel. I would not replace them. Just figure out the best way to clean them. They should outlast ten grills.

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 06:33:46 PM »
@jed.cook thanks! what did they replace for you? Im going to give them a call and hopefully they can do something for me. I also noticed the knob lights are not working. I switched out the batteries and no luck. Im thinking the list will grow as I dig in.

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 06:38:31 PM »
@getletgo yeah that may be an option. I hear steel wool and green clean.

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »
@foshizzle I like that plancha. I’m excited to see what kinda accessories I can add.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »

@jed.cook thanks! what did they replace for you? Im going to give them a call and hopefully they can do something for me. I also noticed the knob lights are not working. I switched out the batteries and no luck. Im thinking the list will grow as I dig in.

They’ve replaced numerous things for me over the years, most of which were still under warranty. Stuff like legs & a bowl for my 26er because it sat crooked, a bowl for a WSM because there was a little rust on it, even a brand new stainless steel hood for a Summit Silver gasser because the old one had rusted out from underneath. I’ve also had them offer to replace things like igniter buttons that were not “technically” still under warranty.

(Keep in mind, all of these grills were purchased second hand, and I’m not some big-name YouTube reviewer or anything, just a loyal Weber fan & customer.)

I’d definitely spend a few days/cooks writing down everything that seems to be wrong with your Summit, have pictures ready to email them, then give Weber a call and politely explain how much you love the grill, but that there are a few problems you’d like to fix. They’ll probably have new parts at your door in less than a week.

I agree with what others have said about those stock grill grates though. Those suckers should last forever.

-Jed
-Jed

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 05:36:09 PM »
@Jed.cook awesome sounds like you got a nice collection. thanks for the advice!

HarleyGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
Success! New Flavorizers and grates courtesy of Weber’s awesome customer service.