Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle grate for pizza  (Read 11458 times)

walley_eye

• Smokey Joe
Kettle grate for pizza
« on: July 13, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »
Used our Onlyfire pizza accessory for the first time this weekend on the Master Touch and found it a pain to add wood without lifting the lid, moving the stone around so I could flip up the grates and lose all sorts of heat.

Anyone have any mods they’ve done to make adding wood easier?

I was thinking of buying a spare weber grate, cutting off the handles and some of the wrungs in the grate on each side to make it easier to add wood.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle grate for pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 06:51:42 AM »
Get a spare grate that you don't need for anything else.  If it is one that has flip up wings then you can just grind off the handles and remove one of the wings.  If it doesn't have the wings you might have to cut some of the grates off, but be careful that you aren't cutting too many or ones that will make the remaining grates flimsy. 

Only other option that us pre-made is the kettle pizza has a tombstone pizza stone grate but I don't know about its compatability to the onlyfire.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle grate for pizza
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 08:00:00 AM »
Here’s my setup which allows you to add wood easily.  Just chuck it in to the sides or back.  There’s a rear basket for wood but I’ve not used it.  The SS plate sits on top of the pizza ring and seems to help get the top done more in time with the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club