Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: More peppers  (Read 2168 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
More peppers
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:06:58 PM »
Every once in a while, you just have to make peppers

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Re: More peppers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »
Can’t beat poppers! [emoji108]

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 03:42:58 AM »
Nice looking poppers !
Whenever my 18" or 22" WSM is being used, which is four to five times a month you'll find poppers being smoked.
I cure, smoke and slice my own bacon. Bacon for poppers must be sliced almost paper thin, if bacon is to thick it does not get crispy.
Home grown jalapenos (most of the time) are stuffed with smoked Kraft jalapeno cheddar cheese or smoked extra sharp cheddar. Living in Florida I cold smoke 20-30 pounds of cheese in the winter months.

Have you stuffed Hatch green chilis ?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 04:06:22 AM »
Peppers everywhere. nice
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 08:04:07 AM »
I have not done hatch. But I see them all the time living right next to the hatch chilies state.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »
@bbqking01
I thought you lived in the Phoenix metro area. I lived in Tucson for 40 plus year and would buy chilies by bushel and drum roast.

Hatch Chili poppers are tasty, give them a try using raw peppers as you would jalapenos. I'd suggest the medium or mild

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
More peppers
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
I thought hatch chili’s originated in New Mexico...I might be wrong about that, but that’s what I meant, by right next door. Yes in do live in Phoenix[emoji51]

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 09:05:51 AM »
I thought hatch chili’s originated in New Mexico...I might be wrong about that, but that’s what I meant, by right next door. Yes in do live in Phoenix[emoji51]

You are correct Hatch chilies are from Hatch, New Mexico. Anaheim pepper is the same, but can't be called a Hatch if not grown in Hatch,NM.

It's a dry heat LOL

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »

You are correct Hatch chilies are from Hatch, New Mexico. Anaheim pepper is the same, but can't be called a Hatch if not grown in Hatch,NM.

It's a dry heat LOL

The guy who developed the Anaheim did so at the University of New Mexico. (Where the Hatch peppers were also) He moved to California and took his pepper with him.  Very similar peppers. But to be marketed as Hatch they must be grown in the Hatch valley in New Mexico. I grow em in Kansas but cannot market them as Hatch. I can call em any thing I want...

Your peppers look awesome.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
Call them Chief chili’s

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 07:35:15 PM »
I thought hatch chili’s originated in New Mexico...I might be wrong about that, but that’s what I meant, by right next door. Yes in do live in Phoenix[emoji51] Are you saying Anaheims are pretty much the same as Hatch chile's?  I never see hatch here, but I can get Anaheim's anytime.

It's a dry heat LOL

The guy who developed the Anaheim did so at the University of New Mexico. (Where the Hatch peppers were also) He moved to California and took his pepper with him.  Very similar peppers. But to be marketed as Hatch they must be grown in the Hatch valley in New Mexico. I grow em in Kansas but cannot market them as Hatch. I can call em any thing I want...

Your peppers look awesome.

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
Those look great. I haven't done any poppers in a while, need to get some going.