Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kabob Ring. Pictures and info needed  (Read 4918 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Weber Kabob Ring. Pictures and info needed
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »
Hey all, I emailed the people at Cajun Bandit the other day on a whim and was asking if they ever considered making a Kabob ring for the Weber kettles and this is the response I got.Hey Craig, I am not familiar with these, do you have a link to more info?
Chris

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Craig Hill  wrote:
 Subject: Kabob Ring and skewers for Weber Kettles

Message Body:
 Love your products, have you considered doing a kabob ring with slots for skewers for the 22.5 Weber kettles similar to what Weber offered in the 1960s and 1970s? Currently Weber only offers a kabob ring in Europe and wont sell to customers in the United States.  The originals from the '70s are a much sought after vintage accessory I and many others would love it if a new one was available here in the U.S. again.

--
 This mail is sent via contact form on Cajun Bandit
http://cajunbandit.com

So those of you out there with originals, want to send some pics and info in? Maybe they will consider doing these if enough of us request them. What do you think?

Golly

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kabob Ring. Pictures and info needed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
grate work Craig
id be in for one
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
Found some pix on that other site...  hope these help:  http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?24065-Vintage-Weber-Kabob-Setup
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
Here's a link to the thread for my kebob ring if it helps
I can take more pics if needed and I think I still have all the measurements for the skewers that Buckie gave me
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/shish-kabob-skewers/msg20547/#msg20547
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

Hogsy, I hope you do have that mail saved 'cause I forgot to save a copy on the sendout......

Pretty sure I have it all scribbled down on a notepad too....
I can dig up pics or take new ones & what about that fancy red one?
I think Ramsfan was trading for that ~> it would be a good example of a nice one.....

Bob BQ's link might be that same one?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »
Here's Buckie's run down on the skewers

6 skewers:

2@ 21-1/8" or 53-3/4 cm

3@ 26" or 66 cm

1@ 27-3/4" or 70-1/2 cm

metal is:

2mm thick

6 mm wide
& beveled all sides

Handles:
3-5/8" or 9-1/2 cm long

5/8" or  15 ~ 16 mm wide at middle or fattest part

3/8" or 10 mm at each end

they're carved at slight angles

Stained to look like redwood, but it's somrthing wide grained, maybe oak, hickory or the like........

Pics ~~~>

I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »
Thanks guys! I sent the link to this page and a link to Weber Kettle Club to Chris at Cajun Bandit. I tried to load pics of that red ring, but my computer isn't cooperating.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
PS - I would LOVE to have one of these rings & skewers!  Silver/stainless steel would be just fine. 
VHT makes some great high heat paint for our modding pleasure.  :D
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 06:02:47 AM »
Thanks guys! I sent the link to this page and a link to Weber Kettle Club to Chris at Cajun Bandit. I tried to load pics of that red ring, but my computer isn't cooperating.

Craig - any other word on this?

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Weber Kabob Ring. Pictures and info needed
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »
I'd love to have one of these too.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »
Thanks for the bump. Well, the last reply I got from him was something along the lines of "oh that's neat" "thanks for showing that to me" "heres a link" it was  some link to just some skewers. So I don't think he's willing to do this.  :(  But what if all of us contacted him and made a push for it. I know I want a kabob ring someday, it ticks me off that the sell them again overseas but not here in the U.S.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:56:54 AM by Craig »

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 07:02:51 AM »
But what if all of us contacted him and made a push for it. I know I want a kabob ring someday

I'm in - I'll send off an email today as I want a 22" ring/skewer set.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
Heard back from Chris already - that was quick.

Looks cool Chad, I have had a half dozen people contact me about these skewer rings and it looks like a good concept but I'm concerned about collectors wanting the original ones and not so much the copies, I could make them but it's easier said then done. Stainless being the way to go the ring alone would have to sell in the eighties to nineties, I have found the skewer kits and they range from 20 to 30 dollars, do you think this thing would sell for 129.00?

Chris

1) I want a cooker, not a looker
2) I'm not interested in the small/cheap skewer sets.  Might as well use bamboo...
3) If they could combine a rotisserie slot into the skewer ring, I think that's a great deal!
4) Even at 129, I'd buy one.  Am I alone?
5) Might start a new thread asking about interest - new thread here http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/cajun-bandit-kabob-ringskewer-set/msg51063/#msg51063

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:33:37 AM by Bman »

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »
Thanks for the bump. Well, the last reply I got from him was something along the lines of "oh that's neat" "thanks for showing that to me" "heres a link" it was  some link to just some skewers. So I don't think he's willing to do this.

Not great news, but better than what you received.  :D

169.10, thats pretty good for an 18" model (from ebay)  I have been looking into it some and I think it's doable but this will take some time.