Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Painted Redhead  (Read 2826 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Painted Redhead
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »
I was canvasing the neighborhood today, brushing up on Weber history, and guess what popped up?

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: Painted Redhead
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Very Nice!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »

Yours?

Nice work!

Acrylics?

Dude, relax your chicken.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
Not mine, and I would say oils.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
I hate art, but THAT would hang on my wall!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
Not mine, and I would say oils.

Still nice!

I was thinking oils at first, but, I took a shot.    ;D

The yellow watercolor posted earlier was nice too.

Guess I'm gonna have to give it a try, in all my spare time.  :P

http://www.dazzo.com

Dude, relax your chicken.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 06:13:39 PM »
I hate art

wtf man? how?

Hate's an awfully strong word.........how 'bout distrust, or.....dislike?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
I was canvasing the neighborhood today, brushing up on Weber history, and guess what popped up?
Clever....I could picture that on my wall. 

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
wtf man? how?

Never have liked 'art' in the normal sense.  Photograph 'art', I dig.  A lot.  But a painting of something?  Meh.  I have a bunch of framed 'art' in the house, but only wifey's (bought) wine motif looks like paint.  My shit - all photographs.  Being a hands-on woodworker, I can appreciate the raw talent.  I simply dislike the vast majority of paintings. (probably because i don't get it)  But Marty's grill painting above - THAT I like!

Like this one?  Painful..
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:53 PM »
oh ok. so you dislike most 'paintings' or 2d visual art.

woodworking is an art man! that takes a lot of talent!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »
Art is in the eye of the beholder. I don't care too much for abstract.. But Art is an expression of the creator. You may or may not, "Get it".  I don't think a lot of art is worth what they sell for.

So, it is what it is, or isn't  Weber grills are a type of Art.. We love them for many resosns, but the design is a major part.

So to say that you don'l like are is a bit harsh. I think that what he really means is that he doesn;t care for what some would call art.. I agree.. There is a lot of crap out there that I wouldn't put in my house, but there is a home for everything.
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Painted Redhead - Is it art?
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 01:43:37 AM »
Here's another favorite - a little more "moody" but for me it triggers some good vibes. And to be clear, although I have painted in a past life, and pursued fine art in college for a while, I did not do any of the stuff I'm posting here. Just came across them on Flickr as I search for interesting kettles to share.

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Never have liked 'art' in the normal sense.  Photograph 'art', I dig.  A lot.  But a painting of something?  Meh.  I have a bunch of framed 'art' in the house, but only wifey's (bought) wine motif looks like paint.  My shit - all photographs.  Being a hands-on woodworker, I can appreciate the raw talent.  I simply dislike the vast majority of paintings. (probably because i don't get it)  But Marty's grill painting above - THAT I like!

Yah, I don't like most "art" either. I think most of it is plain bollocks, an attempt for people who don't want to work at a real job or who are unemployable, to sucker people with more money than brains to finance their decadent lifestyle. Then again, I feel the same way about movie stars and entertainers, as well. It's the cynical and jaded part of me.

That being said, however, there certainly is good art and I find most of it is done, not by "professionals", but by normal working shmucks who paint/draw/sculpt for the sheer pleasure of it, rather than trying to make a fast buck. Something that the tax-dollar sucking, government subsidized institutions should take note of.

Nice paintings above though.
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.