Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunil - New to Weber  (Read 1841 times)

SunilPunjabi

• Happy Cooker
Sunil - New to Weber
« on: July 02, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »
Hi everyone!

I’ve been grilling for years now, nothing special. Burgers, steaks, chicken and etc on a generic propane grill. I recently got into smoking, meats that is, on a Traeger.  This his created an addition now.  After replacing by 4 th propane grill in 10 years.  I was looking to replace my propane rust bucket with a Weber, and I came across the Weber Kettle.  I believe I can dump the rust bucket use the kettle for all my grilling.  I’m hear to learn all I can!  Now to decide on 22, 22 performer or 26! 

Sunil

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Sunil - New to Weber
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 05:27:56 PM »
Depepends on how many people you will be cooking for. A 26er can handle the biggest briskets, multiple butts and tons of wings or drumsticks. It also has a lid bale like a performer or master touch and comes with a pretty robust Stainless steel grate.
Buy once cry once.

Oh. And welcome to the Wkc from the northwest suburbs of Chicago [emoji2321]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »

Buy once cry once.
Sage advice.  I’ll also add “Two is one and one is none.”

The 26’er also has ample space for cast iron cooking.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL! Used 22's are everywhere and relatively cheap, I'm on the hunt for a 26 myself. I wish I would of bought a 26 years ago.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 07:07:22 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga I bought a new 26 in 2010 at full retail best money spent and my favorite cooker
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill