Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Premium vs Deluxe  (Read 949 times)

melweezo

• Smokey Joe
Performer Premium vs Deluxe
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:52:43 AM »
My old Performer has so many bad parts that I am going to just buy a new one. As I look at the Perf's online and try to "listen to" the description. (I have very poor sight and my PC/phones read to me) I think that the difference between the 2 models is the propane starter. Is that true and is that the only difference?

Thanks for any answers
Mike

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer Premium vs Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »
@melweezo What Gen Performer is it? A bunch of us here could probably help bring your old one back to life. Pictures always help

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
Yes. It looks like that’s the only difference. I went to the website just to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

melweezo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
Yes. It looks like that’s the only difference. I went to the website just to double check.

Thank you so much. That really helped. Now I just got to decide if propane start is worth 40 dollars.. haha
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

melweezo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »
@melweezo What Gen Performer is it? A bunch of us here could probably help bring your old one back to life. Pictures always help
It is a 2009 circa, so I think gen 1 (fiberglass table)  My wife added up the costs of the parts I told her we needed and it came close to 300 bucks (lid/handle/burner/regulator/both grates/charcoal baskets/ one touch sweeper) Since she uses it as much as I, she said whe wanted to just get a new one and I went along with that since I am no longer the best at doing repairs anymore.
After I get the new one in and my friend puts it togethe, I will post on here to see if anyone wants the table and chasis sice they are in decent shape.

Thanks
Mike

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 12:00:32 PM »
Crate & Barrel has an exclusive Performer color that is the same price for what you'd pay for one at Home Depot, or elsewhere, so take a look.  You can order online.
regards,
Hal

melweezo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
Crate & Barrel has an exclusive Performer color that is the same price for what you'd pay for one at Home Depot, or elsewhere, so take a look.  You can order online.

Oh Lord, my wife will love you:) She likes to have a rare color or look. Thank you, she will be happy!

Thx
Mike

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 08:02:19 AM »
No problem.  If I were in the market for a new one, that is what I would buy. 
regards,
Hal

Mainline

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
No problem.  If I were in the market for a new one, that is what I would buy.

With it being the same price, I'm not sure why more people don't buy the C&B color. So unique, love it

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 04:41:21 PM »
I think people just don't know about it.  Kind of like the black ones are common because they are in stock, the others you often have to order online and there often is nothing in the stores to indicate other colors are even available.
regards,
Hal