Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Best/favorite kettle accessories  (Read 869 times)

mdjason

• Smokey Joe
Best/favorite kettle accessories
« on: July 06, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
Hey all I have been looking at all the various kettle accessories and was trying to decide on some to try as my birthday is coming up. Was wondering what everyone recommends I assume it will be a lot of Sns and vortex but feel free to suggest anything for 22 kettles including charcoal holders, cooking surfaces, attachments etc. Also there seems to be a few companies that make vortex’s if I do opt for one, does anyone have any recommendations for that? All I currently have is a smokenator so feel free to suggest anything else you  find useful, thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

controlledburn

• Smokey Joe
Re: Best/favorite kettle accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »
For what it’s worth, I have a SNS, I’ll use it low and slow, but mostly hot doing two zones. One of the aspects I like best is the conservation of charcoal and the ease of dumping in the chimney. I could go on but I won’t. Get to cooking and your confidence will grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Cookb4

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:11:01 PM »
The Rotisserie is a lot of fun. It’s a great change of pace when you want to do something different with your kettle.

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:19:58 PM »
Yup the Cajun Bandit "stacker" smoker conversion & his Rotisserie as well.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:52:37 AM »
I've got a lot of accessories - but the ones I use the most are my remote thermometer (4 probe) Maverick XR-50 and my slow n sear with SS drip pan.  I also got the high end pizza cooking thing with stone and steel and honestly don't use it much.  It's big and in the way actually as I don't have a good place to store it.  A nice stainless grate is an upgrade worth considering.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »
I assume you have a good instant read?  That’s a must have.

There is a lot of fun accessories. Cast iron Dutch ovens and skillets are great accessories and can be used inside as well. I gravitate towards things that can do double duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app