Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Billows and the WSM  (Read 8075 times)

KirtonAlan

• Smokey Joe
Billows and the WSM
« on: June 19, 2020, 06:54:35 AM »
Hi folks,
New here.  First post.
I've got a large WSM, a one touch Platinum and just bought a 3rd gen performer as a refurb. project.
I've just obtained a billows and smoke x4 to use primarily on the WSM.  I see in the billows instructions it says tape over the other holes of the damper with the supplied flue tape.
I thought that would look pretty naff so i've got some silicone bungs to block them off, I also didn't fancy leaving the billows in situ whilst the smoker cools down, so I got a silicone stopper with a handle to replace it.  I would post images if I new how.

Cheers,
kirton:)

KirtonAlan

• Smokey Joe
Re: Billows and the WSM
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 07:05:09 AM »

Hope i've sussed the image thing.

Should be two images here if i have!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 07:49:27 AM »
Welcome from Indiana. Can’t see images. I use the app from my phone to post images so I can’t advise if posting from a desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL! Yes the Weber Kettle Club mobile app is the easiest to post unedited pics. We like pictures.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

KirtonAlan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 03:59:29 AM »
Yep!  Easy on the app[emoji3]

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mjacxx

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »
Welcome,
Anxious  to read how the billow/smoke works out for ya. Considering same.

Hi folks,
New here.  First post.
I've got a large WSM, a one touch Platinum and just bought a 3rd gen performer as a refurb. project.
I've just obtained a billows and smoke x4 to use primarily on the WSM.  I see in the billows instructions it says tape over the other holes of the damper with the supplied flue tape.
I thought that would look pretty naff so i've got some silicone bungs to block them off, I also didn't fancy leaving the billows in situ whilst the smoker cools down, so I got a silicone stopper with a handle to replace it.  I would post images if I new how.

Cheers,
kirton:)