Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Inverted Vortex with Vortex SS Sear grate on my Weber 22  (Read 934 times)

RHOUSER

• Smokey Joe
Inverted Vortex with Vortex SS Sear grate on my Weber 22
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:14:25 AM »
I started a previous thread asking for opinions on how the Weber CI Searing Grill would stand up to Vortex heat.  Most said yes.  In the end, I decided not to spend the 40+ dollars on the CI Weber insert because I think the heat may be very tough on it.  Vortex says their SS grate will stay good to 2K degrees and it looks it.  I am not going for grill marks, I am going for putting steaks into a very high heat column and very close to the fire.  This looks like it will do it.

In the picture, I show the inverted vortex with the grill directly on top, then the Weber Grate with the Weber center removed.  Very close to a perfect alignment but not quite.  What about the vortex when not inverted.  The Vortex grate fits very close to perfectly into the Weber Gourmet Grate (no picture).  One tab will lock into the ring but two tabs sit on top of the ring off setting by 1/8 in because of the angle of the tabs. 

I haven't cooked on it yet, but, I am burning it in now.

thanks to all
rch

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Inverted Vortex with Vortex SS Sear grate on my Weber 22
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 06:40:00 AM »
I like it.
Do you have a link to the grate?

RHOUSER

• Smokey Joe
Re: Inverted Vortex with Vortex SS Sear grate on my Weber 22
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 02:55:57 AM »
I hope it is legal to post an Amazon Link on this site.  If not, my apologies to the Moderators and please remove this post.

Smoke Freak,  here is the link to the Vortex Grate on Amazon.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0844K4VW1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also sell a package with both a medium vortex and their SS grate at a much reduced price now.

thanks to all who make this forum great.

v/r rch
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:16:29 AM by RHOUSER »