Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26'r SnS how to Tutorial!  (Read 4578 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
26'r SnS how to Tutorial!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »

WildonionAB

• WKC Brave
Re: 26'r SnS how to Tutorial!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
I tried Fogo and Jealous Devil.  I preferred the consistency of the Fogo but the Jealous Devil got hotter --- was great for forward sear steak.  Both are too expensive on an ongoing basis.

My first lump experience was with Woodstock lump.  It was 50-60% chip sized pieces.  That was that.

I've heard a lot about Maple Leaf, and that will be my next.

Have you seen B&B in our part of the world?

Royal Oak is supposed to have those bits. They add up to 10% sawdust to their formula.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Never seen it in Alberta. They have FOGO at Homedepot but its 30bucks for 20lb

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I first started with Maple Leaf, but then switched to Basques(Natures own(100% sugar maple)) then went to Xylo, which Costco started selling last year for like 12.99 for 8kg bags. That was really nice, a mix of maple beech and birch. but then they switched earlier this year to Cowboy lump from mexico for 17.50 for 9 kg. Now they have nothing.
Right now Costco has a special member event on 80lbs of Kamado Joe XL Big Block Lump for $80 with free shipping.  Ends 6/21.
I've never seen Costco in Alberta have charcoal. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2020, 04:00:19 AM »
I tried Fogo and Jealous Devil.  I preferred the consistency of the Fogo but the Jealous Devil got hotter --- was great for forward sear steak.  Both are too expensive on an ongoing basis.

My first lump experience was with Woodstock lump.  It was 50-60% chip sized pieces.  That was that.

Royal Oak is supposed to have those bits. They add up to 10% sawdust to their formula.

I first started with Maple Leaf, but then switched to Basques(Natures own(100% sugar maple)) then went to Xylo, which Costco started selling last year for like 12.99 for 8kg bags. That was really nice, a mix of maple beech and birch. but then they switched earlier this year to Cowboy lump from mexico for 17.50 for 9 kg. Now they have nothing.
Right now Costco has a special member event on 80lbs of Kamado Joe XL Big Block Lump for $80 with free shipping.  Ends 6/21.
I need a costco membership for that deal !! ship me some Charlie LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2020, 04:25:28 AM »

I need a costco membership for that deal !! ship me some Charlie LOL
We can make it happen, sir.