Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MINI WSM - Pork butt and Brisket together  (Read 3254 times)

Jmeo93

• Happy Cooker
MINI WSM - Pork butt and Brisket together
« on: June 09, 2020, 05:30:54 PM »
Anyone ever try doing a brisket and pork butt together on a Mini WSM? I think I’m gonna give it a go on mine. Any pointers??
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:39:08 PM by Jmeo93 »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: MINI WSM - Pork butt and Brisket together
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 07:09:02 AM »
I’ve never done it, and don’t recall seeing any posts of such a cook.  Me personally, I prefer different smoke woods for different meats, so I just use multiple kettles/smokers.  Also need to take into account the different lengths of time required to properly cook each cut. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 07:56:03 AM »
I've done Butt/Ribs before and Butt/Chuck. I'm sure you realize the difference in smoking time, the Butt will come out first. I would also try to avoid one dripping on the other, so not sure if that cooker will accommodate a setup like that.

I agree with the previous post regarding wood, but have also learned that pecan is a good general use smoke wood. Similar to oak but with a lighter flavor. When I mix meats I try to find pecan.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 07:30:12 AM »
I let the beef drip on the pork, no shame in my game. But I use an 18, never used a mini.