Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis 3000 restore  (Read 5415 times)

Jds818

• Happy Cooker
Genesis 3000 restore
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:43:45 AM »
So I got lucky when the previous home owner left this gem behind...

I have started t order some parts and replace the simple stuff. The frame has some rust, so we will see how well I can get that cleaned up. Would like to replace the control panels but it seems you cannot purchase any longer. I may have to come up with something creative there. Looks like the spider cover on the side burner caught on fire nd melted along with the burner knob. Still not sure If I want to keep the side burner or try to convert. I guess it depend on options. I do want to replace the durawood with a stained wood.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Genesis 3000 restore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 04:52:07 AM »
That will be a fun project!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 05:39:25 AM »
She appears to have good bones, it will be a nice restore
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »
I just picked up a redhead 3000 as a parts donor.  Let me know if you need anything.

I have started t order some parts and replace the simple stuff. The frame has some rust, so we will see how well I can get that cleaned up. Would like to replace the control panels but it seems you cannot purchase any longer. I may have to come up with something creative there. Looks like the spider cover on the side burner caught on fire nd melted along with the burner knob. Still not sure If I want to keep the side burner or try to convert. I guess it depend on options. I do want to replace the durawood with a stained wood.

Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »
Awesome grill. Keep us posted on the restoration.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Msimcock

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this one come back to life.

Jds818

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 07:42:07 AM »
Thanks... How do the control panels look? I think most everything else is ok or can be cleaned up easily enough. I am torn between tween keeping the side burner. What the best advice about restoring the control panels. I have thought about recreating stencils to paint using my wifes' vinyl cutter

I just picked up a redhead 3000 as a parts donor.  Let me know if you need anything.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:35 PM »
Those control panels I believe are porcelain enameled just like the steel on the grill lid and kettles. I've always cleaned mine when I restore with 4/0 steel wool, dish soap and water.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Jds818

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 12:58:25 PM »
Those control panels I believe are porcelain enameled just like the steel on the grill lid and kettles. I've always cleaned mine when I restore with 4/0 steel wool, dish soap and water.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Awesome. thanks!