Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Selling My Genesis II / III  (Read 1981 times)

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
Selling My Genesis II / III
« on: May 27, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »
I worked on this old grill on and off for about 6 months,
and restored it just like I wanted and intended for it to
be my keeper.  But, as is often the case (my Genesis JR.)
afterwards I don't have the heart to use it, and it takes
up just a bit more space on the deck than I care to give up.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/576936326566244/

Its priced higher than a tree, I know.  Shame though, as it will outlast by far,
anything new in its price range.  If you know anyone in the KC area, tell them to
hit me with a reasonable offer, and I may just take it. 

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
Re: Selling My Genesis II / III
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 04:33:11 AM »
That's pretty cool how you have it pictured with all the lids with and without side burner! I have actually been thinking about lowballing you on that bud light sj, lol

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:32:18 AM »
Beautiful restore.  Looks grate with all the hoods. Your asking price is quite reasonable for what you’re offering, IMO. Good luck with your sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grails ISO: 18” Custom. Red SJ. Glen Blue.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:15 AM »
Sweet restore and worth the asking price
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
Dave, That is a piece of art, well done on the restore
ISO Weber Wok, Tabbed cado for a sequoia/seville

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »
What lid comes with it?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »
What lid comes with it?

Pick one !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 10:16:18 AM »
I am normally partial to the red, but I swear that brown looks really sharp on there.
I have a 1000, and collected all of the lids for it over time.  I am highly considering
removing the brown and keeping.  I have a few reds, and a couple of blues, and I am hoping
someone will buy it with one of those. 
The KC market SUCKS for trying resale older gassers.  This will be my last restoration that
is not made for someone by request.  I will likely end up having to sell this close to the same
price as I would a marginal 5 year old Spirit. 

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 10:47:43 AM »
I am normally partial to the red, but I swear that brown looks really sharp on there.
I have a 1000, and collected all of the lids for it over time.  I am highly considering
removing the brown and keeping.  I have a few reds, and a couple of blues, and I am hoping
The KC market SUCKS for trying resale older gassers.  This will be my last restoration that
is not made for someone by request.  I will likely end up having to sell this close to the same

If you only lived closer.  That is a gorgeous grill!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »

One of my Gen Jr's is a brownie.  Love it. They also made a gray Gen Jr hood.... would love to have one of those, as well.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grails ISO: 18” Custom. Red SJ. Glen Blue.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 11:54:12 AM »
That’s a beautiful Genesis. I hope it goes to a home where it is well kept and cared for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 12:33:12 PM »
Love the look with the brown lid (red is a close second) IMHO
ISO Weber Wok, Tabbed cado for a sequoia/seville

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »
Very nice job on the restoration. I have the same grill in red with the side burner sitting by my shed. New paint, wood, burner tubes, regulator, ignitor, flavorizer bars and frame crossover tubes. I also have its little brother a red Gen Jr on the deck. I cook on the Jr a couple times a week. I too have thought about selling the bigger one but can't bring myself to do it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere
Replacement bulb for Large Web Zapper

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »
I agree with you on it being tough to resell these old gassers. The last Genesis Jr that I restored started at $250.... by the time I started getting nibbles on it I had dropped the price to $180. Set up a time to meet with someone who was interested in purchasing it for $180 they showed up and tried to offer $140. I literally laughed at the offer. We had met 4 blocks from Lowe's and Ace hardware. I told them to go to those two places and look at the newer imported Spirit grills selling for $499 plus tax and come back and see me. Needless to say the pulled out the other $40 from their pocket and we loaded up the Jr. The old Genesis were built great and last a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere
Replacement bulb for Large Web Zapper

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 02:16:23 PM »
You looking for a bud light sj?
That's pretty cool how you have it pictured with all the lids with and without side burner! I have actually been thinking about lowballing you on that bud light sj, lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app