Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Advice  (Read 815 times)

Rerieenn

• Happy Cooker
Weber Advice
« on: August 17, 2020, 04:43:33 AM »
Hey guys I need some advice. I need a second gasser for the lake house and I found a guy with a 3 burner Weber Genesis for $35. He says all it needs are new flavorizor bars, and it will be ready to go. What are your experiences with these things, what else should I look for when I go look at it. And I can't choose from horizontal or vertical? I read useful things on this article greatyardmaster.com but need to hear your opinion. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:41:22 PM by Rerieenn »

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »
Make sure you fire it up if possible and examine the burners.  That will also allow you to check the ignitor(s) and see if it heats up as it should.  I wouldn't buy it unless it fires.  Not a huge investment, but you don't want a $35 paperweight.  Check the cooking grates for rust.  If they minor amounts of rust that's doable, but too much,and you'll have to buy grates too.

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 07:59:57 AM »
Check for frame/body rot, and as said above, that the burners are in good shape. As long as anything that needs to be replaced can be, it sounds like a decent deal, especially if all it needs are the bars.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers