Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Restoring a Performer deluxe  (Read 901 times)

June2600

• Happy Cooker
Restoring a Performer deluxe
« on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:13 AM »
Hi guys I just picked a Performer grill in need of some love. I found one line for $100, took her home for $80. The previous owner wasn't big on grill maintenance and it shows. I want to change the ignition wires and pipe plus the grills and the one touch vents that look like theyer about to crack off if the wind blows too hard. Everything else seems to be in solid condition.

With that said, I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. For the most part Weber's prices aren't terrible but if can find them cheaper without lose of quality then that's the route I want to take. I also need a cover but definitely don't want to spend $60 unless Webers cover is really really worth it. Where do you guys go for discount parts? I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks  :)

randy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Restoring a Performer deluxe
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 06:01:41 AM »
Welcome June, there are a few places that sell OEM parts online. The weber cover is nice, mine has help up right until someone sat a chimney starter on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

June2600

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your cover. Ouch.

I gave weber a call to see what I can do about the dinged up kettle and they decided to send a brand new kettle along with a ton of other parts for free. Best $80 I've spent in a while. Weber's customer service is really something else. They offered me the cover at 50% off so I jumped on it. Thanks for the recommendation.

My question now is, what do I do with the old kettle? Its not like I can stick legs on it and pass it off as a stand alone grill. Other then a few dings and a little rust the kettle it self is in good condition. What can I do with it? I really would hate to throw it out.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »
Where are you located? I have a place in kansas you can throw it out! Lol

June2600

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
I'm in jersey. If there's people out there willing to take a stripped kettle then I can definitely work something out with them 😁😁

ELEVO

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
If it was me I would give that kettle bowl away to whoever needs it since you got a new one for free. just either let them pick it up or pay for shipping, this way its out of your way and you wont feel so bad throwing it out. Just an Idea :o)

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 01:44:28 PM »
You could turn the bowl into a planter for tomato, pepper, and cilantro (for salsa later this summer), or a fire pit if you have the room. I can't tell if you got a new lid as well, but it might be fun to turn it into an overhead lampshade, kinda like Weber has in their restaurants. 

June2600

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 12:21:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes a bon fire. Thats exactly what I'm doing with it [emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Restoring a Performer deluxe
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 02:33:54 PM »
I second the fire pit. They make great fire pits. I had just a bowl and she’s awesome. I want to get the Santa Maria attachment for it

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club