Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1st cook Hunsaker griddle  (Read 6671 times)

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
Re: 1st cook Hunsaker griddle
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 10:31:31 AM »
Looks Good, however, my problem is storage after the cook.  I have A Weber Performer Deluxe in which I store my SlowNSear Plus, DripNGriddle Pan, SlowNSear SS Elevated Grate, some Grill Grates, Weber Grill Pan etc. Can't store it in my WSM 18" Classic or Weber Smoky Joe and have limited storage space in my Condo Complex. Also, I think I can do pretty much what the Hunsaker Griil can do with my Grill Grate or Lodge CI Baking Pan.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 09:06:35 AM »
Sounds like you need another grill for storage. [emoji16]
Looks Good, however, my problem is storage after the cook.  I have A Weber Performer Deluxe in which I store my SlowNSear Plus, DripNGriddle Pan, SlowNSear SS Elevated Grate, some Grill Grates, Weber Grill Pan etc. Can't store it in my WSM 18" Classic or Weber Smoky Joe and have limited storage space in my Condo Complex. Also, I think I can do pretty much what the Hunsaker Griil can do with my Grill Grate or Lodge CI Baking Pan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 10:21:35 AM »
Anyone using the Hunsaker with either a SlownSear or a Vortex? Thinking of picking up one. Thanks!

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2020, 05:44:23 AM »
Anyone using the Hunsaker with either a SlownSear or a Vortex? Thinking of picking up one. Thanks!

Yeah, don't use it with the vortex; sns maybe, but don't fill the basket with coals this thing really benefits from spread out less direct heat
& you don't want it to warp under intense focused heat
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2020, 06:08:29 AM »
I agree with @Metal Mike .  While I don't have the Hunsaker, I do have the SNS plancha and it works really well with foil lined Weber charcoal baskets on each side under the holes (to catch grease and scrapings) and coals spread out on the coal grate from center to the back, leaving the front third to half of the coal grate open for a cool zone.