Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: World Smallest Brisket  (Read 1489 times)

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
World Smallest Brisket
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:22:13 AM »
Hey all, Nick from the UK here. As you may be aware, when we buy brisket from our supermarkets, they are usually rolled. I was going to attempt to smoke my first brisket on my new Weber Mastertouch Premium using the charcoal ring and diffuser plate. Did a chicken and pork shoulder a couple of weeks ago with great success.

Anyway ordered online as we are self isolating and was hoping to get a 1.5kg (3.3lb) brisket at least, but ended up with an 800gr (1.7lb) brisket instead. So inspected it this morning and unrolled it to find it in 2 pieces!!!!

So my question is how long do you think these will take to cook to 205f? Gonna do a standard salt pepper rub and smok at between 225-250. I am gonna smoke some chicken lollipops and sausages too

I have attached a picture of the "worlds smallest brisket"

Thanks guys and any advice will be really appreciated

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
Re: World Smallest Brisket
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:43:38 AM »
Grind it and make brisket burgers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:58:27 AM »
I did a couple on my wsm that where pretty small. Only took about 3-3.5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 06:34:04 AM »
Those are huge compared to mine. My smoker is at about 250, and 45 mins in the centre for the briskets are already 155f!!!

smallest AND fastest briskets ever!!!

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
World Smallest Brisket
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 06:40:19 AM »
Right I figured they were smaller,it was just an example. I took mine to about 203, and one of them had a nice fat cap I left on,one did not. The one that did not was a little dry. I did not wrap mine which I think was a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:42:02 AM by bbqking01 »

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 06:43:44 AM »
yeah, i think i am going to give it another 45 mins then wrap it to try and get a crust...

#brisketfails

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 08:43:03 AM »
wrapped, chicken lollipops and sausages on..... Th way they were going, I thought they would have been done by now, but maintaining 170 at moment. Must of hit the stall at bang on 160.

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 12:58:22 AM »
hey all, Well it was all good in the end 4.5 hour cook between 235-265. The tiny bits of briskets came out ok. We didn't eat all the brisket, just one of the bits and it was good, but not great. Slightly chewy, but when i pulled it apart, it came apart (might of cut it with the grain - not too sure). The other small bit of brisket I cooled and put in the fridge overnight. Now when I pulled that out and sliced it in the morning, that piece was far far better than the previous bit, so I can only put it down to being a poor bit of meat.
Chicken lollipops came out good - glazed with sweet baby rays, and the sausages were excellent.

Now the only issue is that my wife does not like smokey food - gotta work on that now. I have been using hickory chips, but going to get some chunks. What wood do you recommend for really light smokiness??

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 05:42:20 AM »
hey all, Well it was all good in the end 4.5 hour cook between 235-265. The tiny bits of briskets came out ok. We didn't eat all the brisket, just one of the bits and it was good, but not great. Slightly chewy, but when i pulled it apart, it came apart (might of cut it with the grain - not too sure). The other small bit of brisket I cooled and put in the fridge overnight. Now when I pulled that out and sliced it in the morning, that piece was far far better than the previous bit, so I can only put it down to being a poor bit of meat.
Chicken lollipops came out good - glazed with sweet baby rays, and the sausages were excellent.

Now the only issue is that my wife does not like smokey food - gotta work on that now. I have been using hickory chips, but going to get some chunks. What wood do you recommend for really light smokiness??
Looks grate, my wife is the same way with over smoked food, but she has fallen in love with plum, thanks @Brewtown, peach is another mild wood, that is the only 2 I buy lately
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »
Sugar Maple is light and sweet so good for pork and poultry, Apple, Alder, or just lump charcoal for a mild smoke profile.

Scott
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:26:03 PM by Garvinque »
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 05:46:24 PM »
Adler wood is a great option and go light on amount of wood.  Also take care in how soon you put the food on the grate.  Very light smoke instead of heavy billowing smoke from the wood

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;