Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rotisserie or not?  (Read 1150 times)

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
rotisserie or not?
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:43:07 AM »
I quite liked the idea of getting a  rotisserie but they cost a fair penny and it got me thinking

what will a rotisserie add as I can cook a chicken on the grill. is it just for presentation or will it give me something extra

is it just a gimmick

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: rotisserie or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:20 AM »
I love my roti, it allows for the juices to self baste your meat, especially whole chicken,turkey, prime rib roast among a few that like the roti. not a gimmick in my opinion
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:06:05 PM »
I like my roti but I do wish I had an 18 over the 22. Iv tried chicken a few times and its definitely a learning curve

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 01:37:12 PM »
I love my roti, it allows for the juices to self baste your meat, especially whole chicken,turkey, prime rib roast among a few that like the roti. not a gimmick in my opinion

Exactly!  Only way I do whole chicken. I have done prime rib roast and even pork ribs on it with great results.

You may have to detach lid hinge sys. to make your Euro MT work with roti ring. 

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »
Rotisserie on my 22 is my favorite way to cook. Turkey, chicken, prime rib all come out amazing. I’m planning to spin a rack of ribs for the first time this weekend.

I’ve never had a bad cook with the rotisserie and find it very forgiving.

Do note there are more options than the Weber branded version (which is what I have) in the US at least. Not sure what will fit with that Euro-GBS grill that we don’t get state-side.

Cabernet

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:24:44 PM »
I live by it, I use at least twice a month . The meat comes out soooooo juicy without having to baste it . Once you use it you will never go back, I'v had for about 10 years or so and the motor still runs like a clock. I use the same one for my Weber propane . If your spinning your winning!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 04:52:34 PM »
For ease of convenience you can't beat a rotisserie. IMO that's probably the only accessory on a Weber grill you can't fudge. If you find the Weber unit expensive (and it is, but it is quality.) there are options like Onlyfire available for less. Here in Canada it is available on Amazon.

If I recall you are in Ireland.  It may be available on Amazon UK. Ok, there is this;  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charcoal-Kettle-Rotisserie-others-equipped/dp/B01AXXN1KO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2M1PMV6N2VWXW&dchild=1&keywords=weber+rotisserie+57cm&qid=1589503841&sprefix=Weber+Rotisserie%2Caps%2C454&sr=8-3

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »
You need it. Best accessory you can get imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 05:11:40 PM »
Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »
I have the older style, and kinda wish I had the newer one that has a better seal to the bowl.  That being said, I lo e mine for all the things the rest of the guys said, but I don't think they mentioned pork loin, which also comes out just a tad better than on the grates. The only downfall is that it's a little bit of work to get the meat on the spit,and clean it afterwards, but it's worth it for sure

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 05:52:42 PM »
You don't need the better seal with the rotisserie. The vast majority of the heat is still coming up into the cook chamber.  I've done side by sides with both styles and found no difference in the finished product.

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 08:40:16 PM »
I don’t have one for my kettles but a GA riser works a treat with the roto. It’s the only way I do chicken now.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 08:42:07 PM »
I've looked at those for the GA. I want a couple of them

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 09:32:05 PM »

Exactly!  Only way I do whole chicken. I have done prime rib roast and even pork ribs on it with great results.

You may have to detach lid hinge sys. to make your Euro MT work with roti ring.

The hinge has a quick release so it is easy to fit a roti

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 05:52:06 AM »
Everyone has already said it but...
Single best accessory there is, and the only one that can’t be hacked.
Get it and you won’t regret it, that being said, you just got this grill and if you’re new to charcoal grilling spend some time figuring out what it does without accessories and then decide what you might want to add on.