Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Friday night camping cook ideas.  (Read 1168 times)

Chappy319

• Happy Cooker
Friday night camping cook ideas.
« on: May 14, 2020, 05:51:22 AM »
Getting to the camper on Friday night usually is right at dinner time. I really am not in the mood for making a big meal. Any ideas on quick easy cooks, hot dogs, brats, and hamburgers are getting boring. Need something new and fun. Thanks in advance.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Friday night camping cook ideas.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 06:11:37 AM »
Marinated flanken cut beef ribs, fast and hot, easy and super delicious and a nice slaw for the side, easier than burgers
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Friday night camping cook ideas.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 06:12:27 AM »
How about fajitas?  You can do steak or chicken - have a cutting board handy, cook and slice.  Then cook your peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet directly on the grill grate.  Add cheese, sour cream and sauce of choice.  Not too time consuming and very tasty.  Oh, you can warm your tortillas easily one at a time on the grill too which will space out your peeps making each fajita.  I'll add some pics of our last cook like this.....You could also go quesadilla style.....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 06:14:35 AM by bamakettles »

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 07:14:29 AM »
I know it’s normally breakfast...but what about bacon and eggs? Maybe grab some chorizo, couple tortillas? Just don’t crazy...you may need some rolaids if you eat too late...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

powermatt99

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
For Friday (or whatever my first night is) I always bring my meal completely prepped. Fajitas are a good option as mentioned above. Foil dinners are great for this (I like mine with Andouille sausage, par-cooked taters, and some trinity). Kebabs are easy to prep and bring along with some pre-cooked rice. For camping, I skewer my meat (no euphemism here) separately than the veg to ensure the meat is at a safe temp in a sometimes unpredictable cooking environment.

I'm a huge culinary nerd so I keep a list of recipes that I've made at home that would be good for camping. Grilled Lamb Kofta is my next meal to scale to camping provided things open up here on schedule.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 07:17:16 PM »
So much for not being in the mood for a big meal...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Chappy319

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 04:36:16 AM »
Wow, thanks. Knew you guys would come thru.