Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillin in the rain  (Read 1013 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Grillin in the rain
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:14:38 AM »
Just some simple chicken quarters and peach wood, and a nice rain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grillin in the rain
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:55:45 AM »
Looks awesome. I’ve been using peach lately. The smell is incredible.  For this cook, were you vents wide open and cooking hot or did you have the fire tamed a little bit?  How long did they take? 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:07:45 AM »
Looks awesome. I’ve been using peach lately. The smell is incredible.  For this cook, were you vents wide open and cooking hot or did you have the fire tamed a little bit?  How long did they take? 

wide open top and bottom, checked internal at 45 minutes let go another 10 minutes and done. mostly all old briquettes in the SNS and 15 new lit dumped on top along with the peach wood, she was running pretty hot but not sure how hot as i wasn't bothering to monitor
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 04:26:49 AM »

wide open top and bottom, checked internal at 45 minutes let go another 10 minutes and done. mostly all old briquettes in the SNS and 15 new lit dumped on top along with the peach wood, she was running pretty hot but not sure how hot as i wasn't bothering to monitor

I know your like me and think less in terms of temp and more on vent/fire management.  That’s why I didn’t ask the dreaded “what temp” question [emoji3][emoji106]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 05:04:03 AM »

I know your like me and think less in terms of temp and more on vent/fire management.  That’s why I didn’t ask the dreaded “what temp” question [emoji3][emoji106]

lite em up and see what happens, it's more fun !!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
Looks great Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club