Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Trout cooked on a Weber cedar plank. Scrumptious. Remember to soak the wood for at least an hour!  (Read 1168 times)

BigEll

• WKC Brave

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Trout?! Wow! That looks delicious! How was it? I’ve read on cedar planking and have done it several times with fish and chicken. I’ve soaked and not soaked. In all honesty I can’t tell a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

BigEll

• WKC Brave
Apologies bbqking01. Only just seen this. I forgot to mention I soaked it in white wine! Lol. Scrumptious [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
Apparently the exact type of cedar makes the difference!
I've heard a lot of conflicting "information" on cedar but this seems to be pretty definitive.
Apparently the exact type of cedar makes the difference!

https://www.wildwoodgrilling.com/is-cedar-wood-toxic/

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
I love trout, looks grate
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

BigEll

• WKC Brave
Really? I didn’t know that.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
I used to work in a cedar mill in Washington. Shake shingles, ridge cap, and shims where made. Yes cedar is supposed to be toxic, so I don’t recommend eating it. The smoke however, isn’t any more toxic than other smoke. Granted, the food “sits” on the planks. Maybe use alder, or other wood planks. I’ve always enjoyed cedar planked food.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Grillmeister

• Smokey Joe
Yes, smoked trout on a Puckerbutt.  I take my Puckerbutt to the High Sierra's and at the end of the day, I'm doing a smoke for about 4 hours of fresh trout.  Our dog knows just to lay around and wait for the goodness.  It's truly a wonderful way to enjoy lots of trout.  The cedar planks are necessary and the entire Puckerbutt with accessories is easy to carry.  Last time I stuffed them with thinly sliced onions and cilantro, salt & pepper.  one of my favorites.  Good job with posting this topic.  Thanks much. 
Keep on smokin'  the best grills ever.

BigEll

• WKC Brave
Thanks for all the advice guys. Always willing to learn [emoji120]