Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I dont know where to start  (Read 3338 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: I dont know where to start
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »
That's a European Mastertouch?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

yes. It also came with the sear plate and smoke ring with heat deflector

Congrats! Not available here in USA and Canada. You can grill and smoke like WSM right out of the box. So cool!

Be sure to add some cook pics on "New color Master Touch Appreciation thread" if you can.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
Some day I will figure out why Weber only sells stuff in different markets.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 08:31:01 PM »
Looks bald

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 01:39:04 AM »
I don't think Weber even knows.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 05:12:00 AM »
Congratulations great looking grill!
Now get to cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 05:31:15 AM »
Now get to cooking

I did some hot wings yesterday and they turned out great.

Today I have the heat plate on for some low and slow rib cooking but I really need a thermometer. Any recommendation for a good but too expensive thermometer 

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »
Feels like we get screwed alot . What's even the point for this over here and that over there?  O well,
Ryan  Andrew Moore

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »
Now get to cooking

I did some hot wings yesterday and they turned out great.

Today I have the heat plate on for some low and slow rib cooking but I really need a thermometer. Any recommendation for a good but too expensive thermometer
Thermoworks products are the gold standard.
Maverick, ThermoPro , and Lavatools have good products also.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2020, 10:19:30 PM »
I took a peek at the amazon.co/uk and saw the ThermoPro TP-17. It seems like a reasonable starting point, and should get to you rather quickly. It doesn't have an option for a remote display, but the price is low - and you'll have something usable until you figure what features you want, and how much you want to spend for something more advanced. As a more expensive option, Thermoworks sells directly from their own website, and they ship internationally. Plus, they frequently have sales on their popular items. Sign up for their email newsletter. That way, you'll get a "heads up" on sales, promotions, and cooking tips.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoPro-Digital-Cooking-Thermometer-Backlight/dp/B074XND445/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1HOHMO9UMZQ5K&dchild=1&keywords=bbq+thermometer&qid=1589263067&sprefix=bbq+ther%2Cundefined%2C260&sr=8-4

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
I took a peek at the amazon.co/uk and saw the ThermoPro TP-17. It seems like a reasonable starting point, and should get to you rather quickly. It doesn't have an option for a remote display, but the price is low - and you'll have something usable until you figure what features you want, and how much you want to spend for something more advanced. As a more expensive option, Thermoworks sells directly from their own website, and they ship internationally. Plus, they frequently have sales on their popular items. Sign up for their email newsletter. That way, you'll get a "heads up" on sales, promotions, and cooking tips.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoPro-Digital-Cooking-Thermometer-Backlight/dp/B074XND445/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1HOHMO9UMZQ5K&dchild=1&keywords=bbq+thermometer&qid=1589263067&sprefix=bbq+ther%2Cundefined%2C260&sr=8-4

thanks for the suggestion but I really think a remote feature will be worth paying a little extra for.

I did spot this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ThermoPro-TP-08S-90M-Remote-Wireless-Food-Kitchen-Thermometer-Dual-Probe-For/333417522556?hash=item4da13ba57c:g:1bEAAOSw-eld4bul

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 02:16:10 AM »
well I did my first ever barbecue breakfast today

I got myself a weber gbs griddle insert and the weather was fantastic and I had a peaceful hour and half to myself in the garden whilst i cook up some sausage and egg muffins

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 04:43:41 AM »
That sounds grate!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »
Congrats Philip! Sounds like you are doing well with your first Kettle!

I like the Thermoworks Smoke thermometer... it has two probes which can be used simultaneously.. one you can use for grill temp and one you can use for internal meat temps. For cooks I watch temperatures on (low & slow), I always use the grill temp and when I'm cooking larger hunks of meat (pork shoulder, tenderloins, etc) I will use both the grill temp probe and the internal temp probe.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwr32BRD4ARIsAAJNf_1pAA2vsZVNmwOjjT_oh78NLXoouTsIvp7Og91Ztpg4QG_CStyoO9AaApiBEALw_wcB

Lastly, do get yourself a chimney starter... you can just use some old newspaper / paper (or weber cubes) for lighting your coals:

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7429-Rapid-Chimney-Starter/dp/B07B5BHKDZ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=weber+chimney+starter&qid=1590680668&sr=8-3

Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

Partagas

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 04:09:12 AM »
Thats a nice looking kettle!
Congrats!