Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Custom Weber Paver/Anchor for Wind Prevention  (Read 1956 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Custom Weber Paver/Anchor for Wind Prevention
« on: May 02, 2020, 04:02:22 AM »
So I am currently trying to figure out what to do with our yard in terms of landscaping, rock, pavers, and etc.  I think I may have come up with a pretty cool idea for those of us that must store a few grills outdoors on a regular basis.  My inspiration for this idea not only comes from landscaping, but also from a member's post about wind tipping their yellow weber over.  (Sorry if it is too soon @Cellar2ful)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44500.msg441260#msg441260

My idea is to create a custom concrete form in the shape of a triangle that is approximately the dimensions of a standard Weber triangle.  Then pour the concrete into the form along with two hooks that line up with the backside of the triangle on a Weber grill, and then one eye bolt that lines up with the front point of the grill.  So you would wheel the back side of the grill up to the hooks that hook over the backside of the triangle and then take a carabiner to hook the eye bolt to the front of the Weber triangle.  Ideally you would use stainless steel hardware, and maybe coat the back side hooks with some sort of rubber coating.  The size of the triangle paver might need to be adjusted to make it easy to wheel the grill over the paver or completely on top of the paver. Alternatively you might also be able to take an existing brick, drill holes, and add the hardware.  If you really wanted to get snazzy you might even be able to add some kind of tie down points for a grill cover. 

So you could use the paver/anchor for permanent placement or simply unhook the carabiner and move it into grilling position.  It might not solve the humidity or hail problem, but it at least protects you from gusts of wind. 

I am not sure when I will get to experimenting with the idea, but if anyone here wants to start I welcome you to it!  I am not looking to make any money of the idea because it is a pretty simple mod for anyone to do and to be honest for all I know someone has already done it.  I just wanted to float the idea out there just in case it would save another beautiful Weber from a terrible accident before I get around to working it out... :'(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:05:59 AM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

frankpitts

• Smokey Joe
Re: Custom Weber Paver/Anchor for Wind Prevention
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »
That sounds good, but if the main idea is to prevent the wind from blowing the kettle over, I find that two fire bricks inseted inside the kettle and onto the charcoal grate anchor the kettle and serve quite nicely as a heat sink and partition for indirect cooking.  My kettle is out into the open yard and must stay put in some pretty strong winds.  Has not budged with the fire bricks inside her.