Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ideas for 22wsm in gen 2performer cart?  (Read 2289 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Ideas for 22wsm in gen 2performer cart?
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »
Wondering if anyone has done this, or if you know of links to people who have. Looking for cheap, and easy bottom brackets or whatever was used to secure the bowl to the base of the cart. Thanks in advance for any input you guys have

bear

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ideas for 22wsm in gen 2performer cart?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
I built a cart with a platform for the WSM to stand on, because I couldn't come up with a solution of mounting it to a frame that I was happy with

Lilyankee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »
I built a cart with a platform for the WSM to stand on, because I couldn't come up with a solution of mounting it to a frame that I was happy with
I really think that looks nice. Excellent wood and stain choice. It looks rich! Dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
Is that a frame from a gas grill?
Ryan  Andrew Moore

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:09:01 PM »
I was actually  just looking at that one! You did an excellent job. I have the board cut already for the table, I was just thinking like a T shaped piece bolted down to the bottom rack somehow
Was kind of upset when I found out it was MDF with veneer

photo host

bb image upload

Almost got all the old stain off of it
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:22:44 PM by Walchit »

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »
What's your plan for the rest of the table?  From the pictures it looks like that Performer cart would roll up next to your 22" WSM.  Over on Virtual Weber Bullet, there's a page that shows that some folks have drilled a small hole in the aluminum legs to be able to bolt their WSM's down to a substrate.  https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/wsm-on-wheels-platforms-casters-carts/

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 01:53:44 AM »
I looked at that also lol. I saw this one, but I was curious he attached the flat bar. I have a couple pieces of scrap wood I might play around with today.

I did miss one while I was on that page b4, and I may have to abandon the cart idea and do this one instead!

But no really my plan is to bolt bolt my new table down in the stock mounting holes. Hopefully I can get it bolted on today and get some finish put on

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 04:10:49 AM »
@qwesthunter

How do you think your SS brackets might line up with a 22 inch WSM and a performer cart? 

I have seen a lot of people just convert a 22 kettle into a smoker and then chop the legs to bring it lower as well. 

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I know @Walchit has a fleet of WSM to experiment with. :p
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 04:50:40 AM »
Only 1 22" wsm lol. Once I get this top finished and bolted down I will figure something  out. I like the aluminum one, wish there were better pics, and I also don't want to spend any money if possible, so I was thinking wood. But I could definitely drop a couple bucks on aluminum if I need to.

I was thinking about going and buying some black wood stain to go around the edge of this thing

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:52:16 AM by Walchit »

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 06:26:01 AM »
Is that a frame from a gas grill?
Yes, modified Genesis

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »
@ReanimateDRobot

Pretty sure the mounting brackets would work great for a WSM build.

https://r-shack-bbq.com/

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
@ReanimateDRobot

Pretty sure the mounting brackets would work great for a WSM build.

https://r-shack-bbq.com/

I would find a spare SSP frame and use his brackets.  If you want it to sit even lower you can chop a few more inches off the frame at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »
But I already have this frame, and the sweet mdf top though...

And I don't really wanna drill my wsm, it's still brand new

Bout to run and grab some longer stainless bolts, that's essential right?

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
Bought a can of spar urethane, probably should have grabbed 2. After I get the table on I will be able to figure out a way to hook the 22 wsm bowl on. Then I'm gonna want different handles. I planned on using the scrap I cut from this table, but it was mdf on the inside, lol.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 01:55:10 PM »
 I'm also wonder if Earle from the weber bulletin had to grind out a little of this metal on front face, during my dry fit it seemed like it wasn't gonna work. If I have to grind it I will swap this stainless out for the faceplate on the C&B gen 3

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:00:44 PM by Walchit »