Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up "Mt Smokey Mountain" yesterday  (Read 12018 times)

magic mike

• WKC Brave
Picked up "Mt Smokey Mountain" yesterday
« on: April 27, 2020, 03:52:57 PM »
My oldest son tipped me off to a 22" WSM which had been listed < 1hr on Marketplace that had a ton of extras.

Need a 22' WSM like I need another hole in my head, as I already have one that I don't use (along with an 18 and 14 that don't get used........95+% of my cooks are on either a MasterTouch or large BGE.  But when I saw how this thing was "macked" to the max I could not resist.

And here it is...........

This should be fun! [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:56:03 PM by magic mike »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Picked up "Mt Smokey Mountain" yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 03:17:58 AM »
Wow, how did i miss that one, congrats
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 03:26:34 AM »

It was only 20 minutes away so that made it a no-brainer. Came with the 2 Cajun Bandit stackers you see here plus a Firedial diffuser, a Lavalock custom charcoal basket (that’s never been used), LOTS of gaskets added for a really tight seal, and 4-20 lb bags of KBB. Previous owner took very good care of his equipment. He had an 18” WSM and a 22” kettle he was also selling.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 03:39:23 AM »

It was only 20 minutes away so that made it a no-brainer. Came with the 2 Cajun Bandit stackers you see here plus a Firedial diffuser, a Lavalock custom charcoal basket (that’s never been used), LOTS of gaskets added for a really tight seal, and 4-20 lb bags of KBB. Previous owner took very good care of his equipment. He had an 18” WSM and a 22” kettle he was also selling.
What a sweet deal
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 05:36:59 AM »
Wow, that's huge!  Get out the step ladder and spritz!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Picked up &quot;Mt Smokey Mountain&quot; yesterday
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 05:40:49 AM »
Congrats, that is awesome. Also nice that you have stackers to use on your kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »
Yeah, I’m gonna use one of the stackers on my green C&B Performer. I’m curious to see if both it and the Weber rotisserie can be used at the same time.

I can’t see ever needing 4 smoking levels on a 22-inch WSM.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 06:17:57 AM »
Am I the only one who is disappointed when the price paid isn't posted? I know it's kinda like asking a girl how much she weighs, but I still wanna know. Lol

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 06:37:52 AM »
F’n jackpot right there! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 08:13:39 AM »
Am I the only one who is disappointed when the price paid isn't posted? I know it's kinda like asking a girl how much she weighs, but I still wanna know. Lol

PM sent

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »
Nice addition!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

carylee2002

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 12:25:51 AM »
Nice pickup...I just picked up a used 18 from a Craigslist ad the other day for 150.00.  The grates were rusted, the inside of the bell had a lot of old dirt on the bottom as lf it was sitting in mud. along side fire ring was full of cobwebs and dirt. But after looking inside closely I noticed no creosote buildup and none also under the lid. It was pretty clean. I figured this person only cooked but never really smoked in the pit so i bought it, and after a few hours of cleaning, i have a 95 percent new WSM. I only need to buy new grates and put a new knob on the firedoor. The owner also had a old cajun bandit door that he never installed because he didn't have the knob that fit. After examination he bought an older door so after I made the hole bigger to fit my extra knob I have a stainless steel door to match. I doesn't hurt to look at local listings...you may get lucky.

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
Nice pickup...I just picked up a used 18 from a Craigslist ad the other day for 150.00.  The grates were rusted, the inside of the bell had a lot of old dirt on the bottom as lf it was sitting in mud. along side fire ring was full of cobwebs and dirt. But after looking inside closely I noticed no creosote buildup and none also under the lid. It was pretty clean. I figured this person only cooked but never really smoked in the pit so i bought it, and after a few hours of cleaning, i have a 95 percent new WSM. I only need to buy new grates and put a new knob on the firedoor. The owner also had a old cajun bandit door that he never installed because he didn't have the knob that fit. After examination he bought an older door so after I made the hole bigger to fit my extra knob I have a stainless steel door to match. I doesn't hurt to look at local listings...you may get lucky.

Cool.................WSMs generally can clean up to almost, if not as good, as new.  Seems like you're happy with that deal you got, and it's not a bad one.