Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow n sear?  (Read 3600 times)

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
Slow n sear?
« on: April 20, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »
So long story short.  I sold one of my kettles with a slow n sear on accident lol good for them I hope they enjoy it. 

I purchased a 26er.  And I want to get another slow n sear.  I know its not everyone's cup of tea but worked well for me.

I don't cook over nights the longest is 6 to b 8hrs. 

I had the removable waterpan in mine. The 2.0 model.  I really didn't ever remove it.

On their site
I can get Orginal for 59.99 the 2.0 for 99.99 or pre order the XL for the 26er 149.99

I just can't make up my mind.  I don't like tossing money away where I can reinvest in more bbq stuff lol. 

I heard from guys that use the 22  sns in the 26er and love it and I heard others wish they had the XL versions....... idk what to do confused... lol help me lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SlickRockStones

• Smokey Joe
Re: Slow n sear?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 03:58:27 PM »
If you don’t go with the slow n sear XL, pick up a medium Vortex. It’s very versatile. You can do much longer smokes on the 26” by running a snake than a SnS.

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »
I was even thinking of getting a basket made to make a easy snake lol like put coals around it

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
I did not love my 22SnS in my 26er.  So I got the XL for it.  Makes a difference in my indirect cooks for sure, getting the temps where I want.  Also, BBQitall makes a ring that fits the 26er for snake type setups.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 04:38:26 AM »
I did not love my 22SnS in my 26er.  So I got the XL for it.  Makes a difference in my indirect cooks for sure, getting the temps where I want.  Also, BBQitall makes a ring that fits the 26er for snake type setups.

@Foster Dahlet Do you have a bbqitall ring for your 26? if so what do you think?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 04:47:35 AM »

@Foster Dahlet Do you have a bbqitall ring for your 26? if so what do you think?

I think I would really like one. I checked their site and it shows they are available for a 26 for $57.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 06:41:43 AM »

I think I would really like one. I checked their site and it shows they are available for a 26 for $57.

I did the same, I like it
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:13 AM »
here is an old post from larry when he was designing this

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=39463.0

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 08:40:15 AM »
@JEBIV I do not have one but intend on getting one for our church 26er, which we purchased this winter in hopes of using this spring for small events.  As soon as I am able to gather people (at least a month away, according to my Bishop) I will grab one and test it out.  But, the concept looks great and, if I am not mistaken, @captjoe06 has one in a 22.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Tbagley

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »
So my inquiring mind wants to know if anyone has measured how long a section of that ring might be?

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:27 PM »
I have 1 being made for my26. I placed 2 coals on each side.  I measured 15.5 inches from coal to coal so making mineb15.5 inches wide and 4 inches tall

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 03:33:03 PM »
I have always took my Vortex flip it upside down what it over to the side send made my fire in that for offset cooking. I just didn't want the heat leaning up against the side of the kettle. Actually works really good uses less charcoal, just something I used to do in the past sometimes in a pinch I do now.
So long story short.  I sold one of my kettles with a slow n sear on accident lol good for them I hope they enjoy it. 

I purchased a 26er.  And I want to get another slow n sear.  I know its not everyone's cup of tea but worked well for me.

I had the removable waterpan in mine. The 2.0 model.  I really didn't ever remove it.

On their site
I can get Orginal for 59.99 the 2.0 for 99.99 or pre order the XL for the 26er 149.99

I just can't make up my mind.  I don't like tossing money away where I can reinvest in more bbq stuff lol. 

I heard from guys that use the 22  sns in the 26er and love it and I heard others wish they had the XL versions....... idk what to do confused... lol help me lol

Ryan  Andrew Moore

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »

I have always took my Vortex flip it upside down what it over to the side send made my fire in that for offset cooking. I just didn't want the heat leaning up against the side of the kettle. Actually works really good uses less charcoal, just something I used to do in the past sometimes in a pinch I do now.

On their site

Works good. I’ve done that many times

Mainline

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »

On their site

So did you just opt to not get the SnS XL for your 26"?
Or are you using the ring mentioned above?

I have a SnS Deluxe for my 22". I prefer to use my 26" for long low and slow cooks. Would rather not splurge on the SnS XL, but thinking I might do that.
My 26" is 10 years old. I always banks my coals against the side of the bowl and after years of doing so it burned through. Luckily Weber sent me a replacement, but I don't want the same thing to happen to my new bowl...which is why I'm leaning towards the SnS.

Does anyone here use their SnS Deluxe or Original 22" in their 26" kettle for low and slow cooks for things like pork butt? Assuming you'd just have to reload the fuel more often versus using a SnS XL

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 05:45:46 PM »
I have the SnS+ in my 22 and the SnSXL in my 26er.  I like the XL for the 26er because it is built to the contour of the kettle size, and holds more charcoal, which is important to me because the 26er is more difficult to generate higher temps than the 22.  Having the extra charcoal helps when I want to crank up the heat without cracking the lid.