Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A code  (Read 1955 times)

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
A code
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »
Had it for a while decided to do something tonight and do a maintenance burn. 1st time firing her up decided to throw a pack of bacon on her. The lid has choroseal on it. It killes rust. It will clean off later like I said maintenance burn. Her original triangle is in evaporust.
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
Re: A code
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
Bacon sucked, covid size pack
Had it for a while decided to do something tonight and do a maintenance burn. 1st time firing her up decided to throw a pack of bacon on her. The lid has choroseal on it. It killes rust. It will clean off later like I said maintenance burn. Her original triangle is in evaporust.
Ryan  Andrew Moore

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:33:44 AM »

Not sure what that is on the lid, never heard of choroseal... would like to see the end result once it's cleaned up.  I did some cooking grates recently in evaporust with some positive results, although I had 6 grates to do and the evaporust evaporated before I could finish.  I decided not to get another $25 gallon of it for that purpose since the results were not that great.  Will be interested to see what it does with a triangle.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 06:44:16 AM »
Well folks, I hate using chemicals. For anything. Especially if I'm cooking on it. Just sayin'...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:27:45 AM »
 corroseal goes on milky white turns the rust purple and dries black

Not sure what that is on the lid, never heard of choroseal... would like to see the end result once it's cleaned up.  I did some cooking grates recently in evaporust with some positive results, although I had 6 grates to do and the evaporust evaporated before I could finish.  I decided not to get another $25 gallon of it for that purpose since the results were not that great.  Will be interested to see what it does with a triangle.
This is all I ever used before evapo-rust. It is a different type of product to used in a different way but for the same end result.  I brushed it on with a chip brush that's why it looks that way and it is basically sat for a month or two. I thought if I heated it up it would make it burn off basically turn to Ash and Flake off. It turns rust into a sandable primer but in this case I am not standing it I am steel wool WD-40. It is used on Bridges Iron structure Etc.... I brushed it on as a test actually but it seems to be working with the rust that is on the lid. I got it for $5 only because I wanted to triangle which is now soaking in evapo Rust LOL. Now I feel I have to put the triangle back with its original A code clean her up. I have a lot of things going on right now besides work but I will try to post an updated photo to show you how it works I guess. Any other methods to remove rust on the bowl or lid it is a guaranteed Sure Fire way I am all open for.
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 12:49:48 PM »
So when it comes to cast iron skillets I use only one thing and that is coarse kosher salt! But that's just me and people will fight all day everyday over something like that, as for me I have no problem soaking my old and or vintage graTes in an old pan that is for a hot water heater full of evapo rust. Evapo-rust whole thing is biodegradable is non-toxic water-based That is a key part of it. But I've only done that once and that was with my vintage 14 in a code Smokey Joe. I got a Kenmore/happy cooker the other day and with it came several free parts. One of them is this cast iron smoker box that was completely ruined. Most people would have threw it away. The first thing I thought to myself was look at how heavy duty cast iron it is! I'm getting ready season on my gas grill in about 5 period. I accidentally drink some of this evapo-rust just a little while back trying to siphon it out of one container to the next. Let me tell you it was some old , high mileage shit.  After about my 4th beer didn't notice any longer.
Well folks, I hate using chemicals. For anything. Especially if I'm cooking on it. Just sayin'...
Ryan  Andrew Moore

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 05:02:55 AM »
...I accidentally drink some of this evapo-rust...

Oh man... you might be onto something there... perhaps a new cocktail... hmmm, the Evapo... a shot of Evapo-Rust, a splash of cranberry juice and a chunk of lime on the rocks...  :)

Maybe not...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:04:55 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.