Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit Find  (Read 4675 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Summit Find
« on: March 30, 2020, 07:19:11 AM »
Hey folks!!

Picked this summit 450 on the cheap 25.00 Full of cooties and in need of a good tune up.  It's an EI code and both the cook box and frame are very solid. 

Came with an extra side panel.  The side burner is on a quick disconnect too, i. e. The extra side panel. 

Got her home, opened lid and found a Weber gasser smoke box too.  Pulled the grates and the flavorizer bars solid.  The crossover tubes are toast.  The main burners are solid.  Hooked up a tank and manually lit all 4 burners and the side burner lit with the button.  Got hot but it took a lot of time and fuel to hit 450 and did get any higher.

Have her apart and waiting for the crossover tubes.  Put some compressed air in the tubes and a lot of dust was cleared.  Hope that helps with the temps.  If not I have a newer LP regulator to try. 

Going to finish up the pretties and scrub her down while I wait for the CO tubes to get here.  Luckily HD has the igniter kits in stock.

One thing missing is the "Summit"  badge.  If any body has a summit badge circa 1997 pm me and maybe we can work a deal???  ;)

I purchased this without even really seeing the seller.  PayPal and social distancing.  It works.

Be safe out there!!

J

Sent from my SM-A102U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

+ Attachments and other options
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:27:34 AM by jeffrackmo »
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Summit Find
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:53:10 AM »
That is a sweet score especially as complete as it is !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:15:32 AM »
That is a sweet score especially as complete as it is !!

The grates alone are worth the $25 alone!!  The smoke box looks like a SnS for a Gasser.  I must say, that this thing is a BEAST... Can't wait to finish her up!!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
That's huge!  AND Stainless steel....  I've never seen one quite like that, looks like a real gem.  Have fun with the project!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
Looks to be in great shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »
As long as the front and rear panels of the firebox are not rusted through you should be good. These parts are no longer available. Not even from Weber.
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 03:49:46 AM »
That things a monster

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »
Sweet find!! I love it!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 05:16:15 AM »
New cross overs and some compressed air through the burners did the trick.  Still needs a spit and polish but she's a cooker!!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:54:35 AM by jeffrackmo »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 05:35:20 AM »
What a beast of a gasser. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app